Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Weee, we got to ride the bikes (Read 33 times)
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Weee, we got to ride the bikes
01/27/14 at 08:08:16

Sunday ( 2014-01-26) Wife was just itching to ride. So in 40's overcast, and cold wind, we braved the world on two wheels for a good 100 mile round trip. Wife was on the Savage and I on the Vstar.

I have to say, I really enjoy that my wife is as good as she is on the bike. This is only her second ride, the other was over a month ago. When the ride was over and we were heading home, she did a very pretty left turn onto a major road, and she just did it sooo smooth. I told her I watched her in the rear veiw and she just beamed.. she knew she did well.

I don't know how things will shake out at this point. The Savage is slated to be sold, and the wife knows this.. but she may be making other plans for it. "Like can be buy a better seat??"

As to the ride, just a trip around the Natchez Trace. The wooded areas seem dark and foreboding, like wolves may be watching. The pastures had the cows munching hay and billowing steam. And yes, the smells of each wafted up to meet us. My wife was raised on a dairy farm so the smell was a pleasant reminder of days past. Swamps and farms, haybales and lonely roads. A sun that was finally able to peak out of the heavy clouds just as it was setting. Brillant orange, and pinks and purples. Good times.  

Ever notice how small the house feels after a pleasure ride?

« Last Edit: 01/27/14 at 09:23:14 by Dave »  
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Weee, we got to ride the bikes
Reply #1 - 01/27/14 at 09:12:01

Cool ride.. literally..
Smells are great.. non-riders just don't realize all the extra sensory input you get on a bike...
Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 22:31:58

General CategoryThe Cafe › Weee, we got to ride the bikes

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.