YaBB Newbies

If it ain't fun I
ain't doing it
-SYCKK Life

SW Houston
Re: Handle bar controls.
Reply #15 - 01/30/14 at 06:16:55

Dave wrote on 01/29/14 at 05:34:13:
I can't remember the diameter of the piston in the front brake reservoir - but it is stamped on the housing.  You will see a "1/2", or "13", or something like that.  That is the size of the piston and you can replace the front master cylinder with anything that uses the same size diameter piston.  You can go to places like Dime City and order new master cylinder and clutch lever sets and they will most likely have some brake light switch either built in - or added in the form of a pressure switch installed in the hydraulic line.  I used a 2008 Honda TRX 400EX front brake cylinder as it is much smaller and has a switch built in that you can just plug the stock wires into.

The electric controls are a bit harder to adapt - but there are plenty of aftermarket switch sets available, and they just need to be spliced into the stock wiring harnesses.

Thanks for chiming in.  VERY useful info that I can run with right there.

WWW   IP Logged
HoustonBussa
YaBB Newbies

If it ain't fun I
ain't doing it
-SYCKK Life

SW Houston
Reply #16 - 07/09/14 at 00:21:33

I've taken too long to be serious about this build.. But I've finally started putting everything else not bike related on the back burner. And I guess time was good because I've decided I'm just going all in on this build.. Even though I'll have more money in to it than worth, but it'll be worth it to me.  Working getting a Girder front end, some custom hand controls (to include levers and buttons), and so fourth.. Actually even getting a custom seat made. Which will be the only part that I won't be working on myself. I have a friend that's going to help me redo most of the bike's wiring so I can try and hide most of it. I SUCK at documenting (taking pictures), but I'll try to remember to take as many pictures as possible..

Thanks everyone for the input too and I hope you enjoy my build as much as I'm enjoying doing it... (I guess I need more pictures for that.. Grin )

WWW   IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Reply #17 - 07/09/14 at 12:23:08

Hey, I'm interested if you have a source for a girder that fits right in to the Savage without costing the price of the bike.

IP Logged
HoustonBussa
YaBB Newbies

If it ain't fun I
ain't doing it
-SYCKK Life

SW Houston
Reply #18 - 07/09/14 at 21:47:51

That's what I'm researching now. There's a thread on here about making one fit, but I'm looking at Spitfire that says they make it custom per the measurements of your bike.  So we'll see. Although I haven't found one for less than $1k. http://www.spitfiremotorcycles.com/products-page/suspension/10-left/. I'm going to try and contact them tomorrow and see what measurements they need. Going to try at least.

WWW   IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Reply #19 - 07/10/14 at 13:50:24

This looks good, hope it works, let us know.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 00:19:50

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Handle bar controls.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.