Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ok some one in the UK please explain... (Read 121 times)
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Ok some one in the UK please explain...
01/26/14 at 13:23:14

Just flippin through the daily Yahoo news and found this:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/prove-it--bank-blocking-customers-from-m...

So the last two lines:
A Conservative member of the British Parliament said the change in policy “infantilizes the customer.” However, the head of retail at the British Bankers Association defended the policy.

"I can understand it's frustrating for customers,” Eric Leenders told the BBC. “But if you are making the occasional large cash withdrawal, the bank wants to make sure it's the right way to make the payment."

Really people.. its MY money... if I want to take 30000 pennies to pay someone... then I have the right ( yes I did that once). Since when does a bank have say in what you do with your own money?  But seriously.. explain how a bank has ANY right to "make sure" how I do anything?

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Re: Ok some one in the UK please explain...
Reply #1 - 01/26/14 at 14:21:47

I can explain that, and I need not be British, nor American.

One only has to think in "greedy" terms.

If you deposit 50.000 in the bank, the bank invests that money... for you?
Grin
Of course not! They invest that money for themselves!
Wink
BUT if you withdraw more than the "average" amount (i.e. saturday shopping, gas money, bills etc.) you are actually causing a "ripple" in your bank's money flow.

Mind you, it's YOUR money, but it's THEIR bank.

So, it's like having your fridge in your dietician's house... it's your food, but he doesn't like you coming and going... for your own good, of course...
Wink

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 01/26/14 at 16:28:39

Actually, Pesci, In the USA, theres a movement to get the people understanding that, once deposited, that $$$ is the Banks $$.. & there is also the push to move people to a cashless society,, we are starting to see banks telling people that they cant take more than a few thousand $$s,, if they do, there will be a "suspicious transaction report" generated to the feds. People need to wake up to the tyranny that is being built up.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #3 - 01/27/14 at 04:27:15

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/26/14 at 16:28:39:
Actually, Pesci, In the USA, theres a movement to get the people understanding that, once deposited, that $$$ is the Banks $$.. & there is also the push to move people to a cashless society,, we are starting to see banks telling people that they cant take more than a few thousand $$s,, if they do, there will be a "suspicious transaction report" generated to the feds. People need to wake up to the tyranny that is being built up.

That's already happening here, you can't spend any more than €1000 in cash, higher amounts MUST be either via check or credit card or transaction.

They claim it to be an "anti-corruption crusade"...  Huh

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
OldSport

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 01/27/14 at 09:29:33

I'm not sure what the amount is now, but I was told a few years ago by a local bank official that if you made a withdrawl or deposit of $10,000 or more the bank had to report it to the US government. He said a $9999 would go unreported at that time.  I was also told that the vertical strip you can see in current currency has a magnetic signature so they can detect large amounts of cash from outside a building.  Supposedly that was to help the DEA locate drug and money caches.  Not sure about that, but the new moneylooks more like monopoly money all the time.  It gets closer to having the same value everyday.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 01/27/14 at 11:14:14

Amounts over $10,000 do have to be reported.
When I purchased my home I came in with 15k.
I needed another 15k to bring 20% to the table and avoid a variable rate so I borrowed it from my parents (and thank God I did).
Paying them back was nothing compared to the rate hike in which tons of people lost their homes.
Anyway, I had to report the cash because it was over 10k.

I've heard the magnetic strip theory before. With RFID I don't see why it isn't possible.
When I was younger and the strips first came out I used to slice the bill open with a razor blade and extract the strip.
I haven't the free time these days.

I have heard a rumor if you cut the strip out of a 5 and tape it to a 1 then some vending machines believe you fed them a 5 and will issue change appropriately. I haven't tested this for myself.

--Steve

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #6 - 01/27/14 at 17:21:53

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #7 - 01/27/14 at 19:17:46

Who in their right mind would risk carrying that kind of bread around with them anyway?
Opps, I forgot.... you guys all carry guns. Wink

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #8 - 01/28/14 at 11:09:51

arteacher wrote on 01/27/14 at 19:17:46:
Who in their right mind would risk carrying that kind of bread around with them anyway?

See now that would be a legit question.. but then how often do you looking to buy say a used car or bike and take cash? I mean really it is sooo common they even show it on things like Fast and Loud  ( car show). When all the talk is over... if you whip out cah on the spot... the sale is moving much faster than if you whip out a Credit card or the old check book.

Both of my bikes were bought with CASH.. not a CC, not a check... CASH. YOu want o make a deal?? bring the CASH.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #9 - 01/28/14 at 17:40:14

Anything it takes to fall on the knees & worship at the feet of tyranny & make the victim wrong.

It is anyones right to carry THEIR cash,, If someone thinks it foolish, fine, but that doesnt change a mans right to have HIS money in HIS hands when HE wants it, without ANYone raising an eyebrow,, CAN $$$ be used for illegal things? Yep,, But when did AMERICA become a "Guilty till proven innocent" country instead of "Innocent till proven guilty"?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #10 - 01/29/14 at 06:46:03

Pine wrote on 01/28/14 at 11:09:51:
arteacher wrote on 01/27/14 at 19:17:46:

See now that would be a legit question.. but then how often do you looking to buy say a used car or bike and take cash? I mean really it is sooo common they even show it on things like Fast and Loud  ( car show). When all the talk is over... if you whip out cah on the spot... the sale is moving much faster than if you whip out a Credit card or the old check book.

Both of my bikes were bought with CASH.. not a CC, not a check... CASH. YOu want o make a deal?? bring the CASH.

For major purchases like that I use a bank drought. The kind that you sign over.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 01/29/14 at 11:11:47

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/28/14 at 17:40:14:
when did AMERICA become a "Guilty till proven innocent" country instead of "Innocent till proven guilty"?

I made this same argument here in Connecticut.
All "large capacity magazines" must be declared.
Anything now deemed an "assault weapon" must be registered.
That's find and dandy because firearms have unique serial numbers and you get receipts and transfer forms.
Magazines, of any type, make model or size, don't.
Magazines are now "declared". Not registered. Because it's not registered you are not issued a receipt. (IF you read into this that means they probably already created a database)

So assume someone gets pulled over and the officer, eventually, ends up searching the vehicle and finds a "large capacity magazine".
I see it going two ways:

A)
"Is this a large capacity magazine?"
"Yes."
"Did you register it?"
"They don't have to be registered, only declared. Because it's declared and no receipt was issued I can't prove it was."
"Ok, you're going to jail."

B)
"Is this a large capacity magazine?"
"Yes."
"Did you register it?"
"Can you prove I didn't, pig?"
*As he is beating you senseless or tazering your face*
"Stop resisting arrest, sir"

--Steve

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #12 - 01/29/14 at 11:27:37

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/28/14 at 17:40:14:
But when did AMERICA become a "Guilty till proven innocent" country instead of "Innocent till proven guilty"?

A more appropriate response...

You guys remember the hooker traveling xcountry with a large some of money?  confiscated during a traffic stop?  Had to take her case to court to get her money back?

And numerous others for much smaller amounts.  It all amounts to illegal search and seizure, I don't know how they get away with it.

WWW   IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #13 - 02/04/14 at 17:05:13

LOL! What do you want the money for sir? uMMM, nunya goldurn business pencilneck!
I put my money in there, now I want it back! You gonna give it to me or do I call my lawyer and channel 3 news to get everyone who has money in this bank to come withdraw all their money tomorrow cause you don't have mine?

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/28/24 at 19:14:51

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Ok some one in the UK please explain...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.