Do you understand? (Read 75 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Do you understand?
01/25/14 at 08:03:34

While browsing the INTERNET this morning, I saw where a celeb admitted to years of denial, while being positioned to cast scorn on others who suffered the same fate....
How very odd life works. I often ponder the effect booze has had on the Kennedy family, as it established their wealth, and it has sprouted their heartache....
Was the cost too great?

Anyway, I posted this to the story.....
Thought I would share it here.
Do you understand why?

Good luck girl!

I was/am an alcoholic too, with well over a decade of freedom from being a slave to it......and I can say without reservations, life is better living it straight up without a perceivable crutch of addiction.

I would never give up such control of my life to anyone that produced the same "outcomes" that drinking did. It dictated to me my thoughts, and behaviors, chose my friends, what functions/parties to attend, etc, even if those choices led deeper, and further, into the abyss my life was falling.....

What was very telling when I was granted the power to quit was those friends abandoned me in a heartbeat.
No more was I one of the gang, even tho I was still the same village idiot, only sober, they bugged off.....
So sad, some have spiraled to the bottom and lost all they had in life, even life itself.... so sad, for it not need be so.

I don't know how drinking became so fashionable, but I would venture to say more become victims to its effects, than any benefits it can offer.

If my reply strikes a nerve in you, please, go look in the mirror and be very honest with that person you see....
If you see something you don't like, change it, its as simple as praying......

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Maybe its just me, I dunno, I am not in the shoes of others, but it ain't HARD.....
I can attend parties where drinking is part of the function, my wife drinks her wine, my kids drink.....
None of that makes it HARD for me. I am me, a unique one of a creation, no other but me, I come first, that trumps, always.....
When I put my concern first, the rest is easy, as the path has now been straightened.....

PEACE!

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Re: Do you understand?
Reply #1 - 01/26/14 at 07:45:49

Good for you RayDawg, it's quite an achievement to recognize your demons, but it's a tremendous one to actually overcome them   Smiley

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
RatdogWillie
Serious Thumper

Nostalgia isn't what
it used to be...

Johnstown, PA.
Reply #2 - 01/27/14 at 06:56:45

Congratulations!

What was the best thing before sliced bread?
Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot them?
How is it possible to have a civil war?
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #3 - 01/27/14 at 07:52:26

Well spoken.

I do have a friend that I worry about. I drink socially... or even at home, but its just a tad, I have no desire to be "drunk". (I dont like not being in control)

I wish I could help him. If he reaches out, I will be there. I just can't join him in the bottom.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 22:21:46

General CategoryThe Cafe › Do you understand?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.