Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Help with Identifying hose!!! (Read 74 times)
elguapo19
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Help with Identifying hose!!!
01/21/14 at 23:12:50

I recently noticed that a black residue from fuel vapor was coating the underside of my gas tank.  The clear, yellowish hose coming off the top of my engine has melted (as seen in attached file).  I've scoured the owner's and repair manual and the only thing I have come up with is that it is a rebreather hose, possibly a crankcase rebreather hose?.  I would like to order a new one but need to know what exactly it is that I need.  Any help would be great!!

motorcycle_copy.jpg
  IP Logged
anebv8

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rangiora,New Zealand
Re: Help with Identifying hose!!!
Reply #1 - 01/21/14 at 23:30:31

the one on my bike is just a black rubber hose,doesn't seem like a special sort of hose.

Ago Solvo Intereo Puteus
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 01/21/14 at 23:51:24

the breather hose connects to the port seen below that yellow hose, which is too small to fit there.

because there's no hose on that port is why you got oil on the bottom of your tank.

WWW   IP Logged
anebv8

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rangiora,New Zealand
Reply #3 - 01/21/14 at 23:54:37

verslagen1 wrote on 01/21/14 at 23:51:24:
the breather hose connects to the port seen below that yellow hose, which is too small to fit there.

because there's no hose on that port is why you got oil on the bottom of your tank.

DOH!! I thought they had disconnected the hose,now I have a closer look I can see that the hose could actually fit inside the port    Roll Eyes Embarrassed

Ago Solvo Intereo Puteus
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 01/22/14 at 04:51:08

Somebody plumbed the wrong size and type of tubing in the wrong spot.

The tubing is 10mm ID and is supposed to fit on the outside of the metal nipple.  The hose then goes under the frame and crosses to the left near the carb, then goes back and attaches to the front of the air box....if you still have one.  If you don't have the airbox, then you need to put a small filter on the end of the tubing.

I looked around at all the local auto stores and found nothing that was the correct size......then WD hooked me up with this company and I got what I needed (in black).
http://www.boostcontroller.com/index.php?item=248&ret=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.boostc...

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
elguapo19
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 01/22/14 at 14:21:36

Thanks for your help and prompt responses! The hose did connect to the metal nipple but has since melted and no longer attaches.  Thanks for your help Dave, my bike is currently in storage and I will have to check to see if an air box is attached.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 02:29:36

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Help with Identifying hose!!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.