Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
All quiet on the western front (Read 55 times)
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
All quiet on the western front
01/18/14 at 11:10:24

2 days of sitting on the edge of being evacuated... fire's out.
http://fire.lacounty.gov/

Name:              Colby IC
Personnel:              1100
Start Date:              Thursday Jan 16 at 5:52AM
Other Info              Confirmed 5 single family structures destroyed with additional 17 other structures. 1000 homes evacuated. Injury to 1 civilian and 2 firefighter.
Last Update:              5PM 01/17/2014

Additional Information:

On 01/17/2014 at 4:00 PM, residents who reside in the areas between Yucca Ridge and Ranch Road, Crystal Canyon Condo Complex and Mirador Housing Tract may return to their residences.

Residents of Mountain Cove are NOT allowed back to their residences. There is still concern for the roadway and homes in that area. FireFighters are still working in the area.

PUBLIC SAFETY MESSAGE IN REGARDS TO WILD ANIMALS

The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department wants to remind residents to be aware of wild animals that may be driven from their habitat due to the Colby Fire. These wild animals may be heading towards fire impacted communities.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: All quiet on the western front
Reply #1 - 01/18/14 at 13:28:14

When I was about 11 or 12 there was a fire out close to where I lived, North of Houston. We had the only house for 5 blocks. We saw deer & raccoon & rabbits moving thru our yard for days. One day, a snake took up residence on the wall right outside the sliding glass door that went from the kitchen to the back yard. Blasted thing hadda been 6 feet long. How it clung to that brick Ive never understood. It wasnt the typical flat brick, it was white & very rough, but dang.. not even my step-dad would go out there & he was 6'4" & a fireman & not a scaredee cat..
Anyway, Houston FD said "Thats the volunteer departments area",, Volunteers said" Thats Houston FD's area",, so, after 3 days or so of critters running thru the neighborhood & the fire growing closer to homes, about 10 of us boys in the neighborhood took burlap sacks down to the bayou ( sacks courtesy of one of the boys dads construction Co.) & we started walkin thru the woods, slappin fires down,,took us 3 days to get it beat. Of course, Houston wasnt in a drought & the pine trees were exploding into the sky,, it was just rolling thru the brush,,

Glad yer Okay there Versy,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #2 - 01/18/14 at 20:37:04

Been watching on the evening news..be ready to roll as they say.  I suspect you are in for a long bad Winter. :'(

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 01/19/14 at 01:13:44

Wink...

Close... just reminds us of how much we have to be grateful for...

Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 01/19/14 at 06:31:00

Yea, no kiddin,, I live in Texas,, Im grateful every day.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 00:28:43

General CategoryThe Cafe › All quiet on the western front

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.