Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Net Neutrality overturned (Read 47 times)
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Net Neutrality overturned
01/15/14 at 07:22:05

From the Daily Caller (Republician centric)

US court overturned the FCC's net Neutrality regulations. Now one would think that a Republician rag would get the story story straight or at least slanted right... nope. WHOOOSH over thier heads.

The net Neutrality regualtions were put in place because ISP were wanting to create "tiered" networks, and be able to differentiate traffic and move it at speeds based on what was good for thier bottom line.  Such that a household with Comcast that used Netflix would get horrible speeds but Infinity shows would be great... because Comcast would slow down the speed for non preffered vendors. Content rich sites like Youtube could be slowed down while Ultraviolet would speed up. What??? Youtube is free and ultraviolet is retail times 2? Too bad.

This could go beyond such content very quickly... Currently you mom&pop web site gets as good a pipe as Amazon or Ford .... but in a tiered network ... those that can pay for a bigger pipe will get it, while those that cant..well... click and wait. Customers, will be funneled not becasuse price but simply due to access.

Sad day in internet land... for those that understand what just happend.

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Re: Net Neutrality overturned
Reply #1 - 01/18/14 at 16:26:19

Money usually wins, judges need to drive Ferraris also. Grin Grin

It's why Christianity was invented: you poor folks will get your rewards in the after life. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 01/19/14 at 06:42:22

Pine wrote on 01/15/14 at 07:22:05:
From the Daily Caller (Republician centric)

US court overturned the FCC's net Neutrality regulations. Now one would think that a Republician rag would get the story story straight or at least slanted right... nope. WHOOOSH over thier heads.

The net Neutrality regualtions were put in place because ISP were wanting to create "tiered" networks, and be able to differentiate traffic and move it at speeds based on what was good for thier bottom line.  Such that a household with Comcast that used Netflix would get horrible speeds but Infinity shows would be great... because Comcast would slow down the speed for non preffered vendors. Content rich sites like Youtube could be slowed down while Ultraviolet would speed up. What??? Youtube is free and ultraviolet is retail times 2? Too bad.

This could go beyond such content very quickly... Currently you mom&pop web site gets as good a pipe as Amazon or Ford .... but in a tiered network ... those that can pay for a bigger pipe will get it, while those that cant..well... click and wait. Customers, will be funneled not becasuse price but simply due to access.

Sad day in internet land... for those that understand what just happend.  

Here is a topic I havent really studied. I kinda get what youre saying & I understand it was bad, but I dont think I have a full grasp of it.BUT, thats okay, Im not gonna apply the gray matter to it.I trust your analysis. Its on the same lines as what Jones said, too.,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 01/20/14 at 06:14:22

I thought the government was supposed to prevent monopolies?

--Steve

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/28/24 at 19:14:40

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Net Neutrality overturned

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.