Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Big Brother?
Reply #30 - 01/14/14 at 09:12:37

Dave wrote on 01/14/14 at 09:01:48:
Not at speed!

not much will safely stop a m/c at speed besides the brakes.

maybe a paintball type gun that dispenses a silly string like substance that'll get caught up in the wheels and act like a brake.  or a sticky inflating ball of goo like in the Incredibles.   Grin  just line the streets with these guns.  Once the offenders are properly covered, just roll them bike and all to jail.

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #31 - 01/14/14 at 09:26:27

It just bothers me that the "thugs" outnumber and have more rights than the Law Enforcement.  And when a Thug takes off and runs....they have little chance of being caught and brought to justice.  When it is a single biker you might have a chance - but when they arrive in packs you have not chance.  Cars are not nimble or fast enough to get away with running in packs.

I guess about the only thing you can do is pick one out of the crowd, and follow them with the helicopter until the biker comes to a stop and climbs off the bike.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #32 - 01/14/14 at 09:46:10

Dave wrote on 01/14/14 at 09:26:27:
It just bothers me that the "thugs" outnumber and have more rights than the Law Enforcement.  And when a Thug takes off and runs....they have little chance of being caught and brought to justice.  When it is a single biker you might have a chance - but when they arrive in packs you have not chance.  Cars are not nimble or fast enough to get away with running in packs.

I guess about the only thing you can do is pick one out of the crowd, and follow them with the helicopter until the biker comes to a stop and climbs off the bike.

OK .. I am joking here... mostly...
Why stop the bike? A simple .225 to the subjects back would thin a pack ... real quick.  I know .. kinda low tech.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #33 - 01/14/14 at 09:56:06

Pine:

Law Enforcement (and private citizens) are only allowed to use deadly force when lives are in danger.  Someone running away is not considered to be a threat.......regardless of what they may have done before they started running.  In some ways that just seems stacked too much in favor of the alleged criminal.  Years ago one of the local officers was chasing a suspect and threw his Maglight at him.....and beaned him....and guess who got in the most trouble?  The officer was put on leave and ultimately got his job back.....but it was a black mark on his record and almost cost him his job.

It might seem that if a biker is running, and putting others in danger, that it might be acceptable for an officer to use his cruiser to knock the biker down....like they use their cars to block fleeing cars.  The sad fact is that the biker (or the bikers surviving kin) would file a lawsuit immediately for excessive force or wrongful death.

(Ooops...I have said too much and am about to get this thread put into the TT Section).

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #34 - 01/14/14 at 17:12:13

Dave wrote on 01/14/14 at 09:01:48:
verslagen1 wrote on 01/14/14 at 08:57:10:
Have you ever hopped a bike over a curb? 

Not at speed!

Just wondering how Law Enforcement can stop a fellow on a Sportbike that is on the run.

How about time? Unless the guy just filled up, the way I understand it the MPG at 90 mph+ isn't that good on a bike that can do 90 mph+.

On a side note, anything you create and assign a power to, such as EMP gun, will always be misused to infringeon someone's rights. It is  a given. Is this that much of a problem that an industry has to be created to curb everyone's freedom?

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 22:22:35

General CategoryThe Cafe › Big Brother?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.