Send Topic Print
Big Brother? (Read 273 times)
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Big Brother?
Reply #15 - 01/13/14 at 08:09:42

I've never even seen one of these hooligan packs but I live in a small town in farm country.  Where I live cruiser bikes rule, mostly Harleys and they are mostly ridden by men 40 yrs old and up.  Sport bikes saw some popularity here about 10 or 15 years ago but have been declining in numbers.  

I agree with Serowbot, the hooligans will give government the excuse it is looking for.  But I have to wonder if this hooligan thing will pan out to be just another passing fad.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 01/13/14 at 08:41:36

IDK about you guys and to be 100% honest, I havent "done the numbers", IM just running on gut instinct & my recollection of
news reports, but my take on it is, the guys who buy the sports bikes & act a fool on them tend to become organ donors. Sure, there are the ones who really ARE good enough riders to use the bike to capacity and live, but theyre the minority. Most of those guys are legends in their own mind & go get over their heads into positions they arent good enough to ride out of & they stuff the bike & either get hurt bad or dead real good. I THINK that those reports might just be making an impact on some riders decision making. As crazy as I was I was smart enough to never have too fast of a car or bike, because I KNEW me & there was no way I was gonna have anything that had tires that I wasnt gonna test the limits of its performance.,Maybe some young guys are starting to see the result of young guys on hot rod bikes & theyre stepping away?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #17 - 01/13/14 at 09:00:53

This past week, seen one of the guys I used to shoot pool with in APA league. He is young, bout' 24, go caught doing "reckless driving", said his buddy ran.
I remembered we had talked halfway through last year about hooligan riding, and how if you wanted to do it, just don't endanger anyone or scare them, if you hurt anyone let it be yourself.
He said yeah, we was just goofin' off and made sure... I then asked "um then why were the cops called?", he looked at me and shook his head.... I just said "and there ya go".
His ticket was only $100 bucks and he can do the online traffic school thing, I told him...next time you wanna play, do it in a big empty parking lot... he says he won't do it again... LOL, I say he will, hell I'll do it again...just gotta be smart and do it when its safe... if I hurt myself, its my fault... I will never endanger anyone else... of course there are going to be those that say "why you wanna act crazy?"... well, cause I can.... of course the older I get the less i'll act crazy...especially on two wheels at high speed.... has something to do with physics and probabilities, and I ain't no Einstein.  Grin

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #18 - 01/13/14 at 09:14:06

The thing is,.. unless you are a track racer,... there is no other reason to own a bike that does 150mph and 11 second in the 1/4...
They are made for hooligans...

I know,.. there are a lot of people that own them, and don't ride crazy, but,.. you have to wonder why they bought one...
It's the same logic as using an AR-15 for duck hunting... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #19 - 01/13/14 at 09:44:33

Serowbot wrote on 01/13/14 at 09:14:06:
The thing is,.. unless you are a track racer,... there is no other reason to own a bike that does 150mph and 11 second in the 1/4...
They are made for hooligans...

I know,.. there are a lot of people that own them, and don't ride crazy, but,.. you have to wonder why they bought one...
It's the same logic as using an AR-15 for duck hunting... Huh...

aawwww Bot .. but we could apply that logic tooooo soooo many things

that home computer with 8GB RAM.. er I mean 16Gb..er 32GB Ram
that Enzo
The cigg boat with dual 1000Hp engines
any private airplane... what public planes not good enough??
The V8 powered car... really I run around on 4 cylinders
two bathrooms in a house CRAZY!! and who the hell needs 40 gal hot water..
or infinate hot water with one of those new fangled things
dish washers .. really they are called hands...
leaf blowers... dont my ears have rights???
speaking of ears .. subwoofers... really ???
50 inch TV's come on folks just scoot up ...

Grin

we all have our toys... desires to have bigger than needed proportions. If someone wants to ba able to zero to mach one between red lights.. as long as he dont ru me over... its his money.  Subwoofers.... ban 'em!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #20 - 01/13/14 at 11:24:12

A guy used to be able to get away with "playing" in a parking lot. I really doubt that even being in an empty parking lot would keep cops off today.
I know thats how I learned the "Rockford Turnaround", in a snowy parking lot in Odessa. BUt that was over 30 years ago,, & FWIW, if anybody wants to try that, make sure the front tires are aired up a little tighter than normal. First time I did it on the dry asphalt I thot the car was gonna roll when it got to 9o degrees in the turn. That & I was a bit low on speed,, you gonna do it, DO it.. get that thing steamin pretty good in reverse, crank the wheel, poke it in drive & gun it just a coupla degrees before it comes straight,
The former is for entertainment purposes only & not intended to teach anyone how to do anything dangerous or potentially illegal. Smiley

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #21 - 01/13/14 at 11:50:42

Yeah it took me awhile to learn that stompin the gas past the 90 degree point was the trick to get the car to spin right.
But it was REALLY tricky on a gravel road(where we lived at the time) cause' they weren't wide enough in most places.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #22 - 01/13/14 at 12:43:35

I had a 78 Gran Prix w/ a 400. Heavy in the front. I dont think after the way it acted on dry asp[halt I woulda had the guts to try it on a gravel; road. I woulda been afraid it would hit a rise in the road & trap the tire & roll it or unseat the tire. Man, outta all the cars I had as a young guy, that was THE best car I ever had. Put Michelins on it & it handled like it was on rails. I could slap the brake & twitch the wheel & set it sideways & start feathering the pedal & it would go around a corner so hard it was amazing. I had a passenger who let go of his, uhh, "beverage" to grab onto whatever he could find ( yea, he was wearin a belt, but he wanted more) & that thing went between my arms & hit my door because we were cornering so hard it fell sideways.. well, that or he threw it at me, I dunno, I was waaay too busy to be lookin around,,

Ya know, come to think about it,, He never rode with me again,, Hmmm,, I wunner why,,

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #23 - 01/13/14 at 13:43:34

WOOT WOOT for us old guys....

You know ole Garner use to do that bit himself....

I had a buddy with a GP SJ with that 400.. that was one badd car. Of course ... paying for the gas  kinda meant he didnt put his foot that often. He had the white buckets seats that swiveled!!

I really cant see why GM would want to kill Pontiac... they had all the sexy cars back in the day. Hell I even liked the Sunbird with iron duke 4 banger.

I had to go look it up... he had a "third gen" per wikipedia .. so between '73 and '77.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #24 - 01/13/14 at 14:40:14

What ever happened to the tazer for cars?

Of course all we need is a robotic spider that we can toss onto the offending vehicle let it crawl over to the ignition and short out the coil... while holding onto the leg of the offending driver.   Cool

WWW   IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #25 - 01/13/14 at 15:08:11

Given the condition of the roads, no one will be  going that fast in another decade;  knobbies rule. Grin Grin

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #26 - 01/14/14 at 08:32:45

Trippah wrote on 01/13/14 at 15:08:11:
Given the condition of the roads, no one will be  going that fast in another decade;  knobbies rule. Grin Grin

there is more truth to that than I care to admit......  Embarrassed

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #27 - 01/14/14 at 08:37:00

So I suppose using Stop Sticks.....is not an approved option for the Police to stop a motorcycle?  I betcha it would slow them down a whole bunch!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #28 - 01/14/14 at 08:57:10

Dave wrote on 01/14/14 at 08:37:00:
So I suppose using Stop Sticks.....is not an approved option for the Police to stop a motorcycle?  I betcha it would slow them down a whole bunch!    

They'd need a linkable version to cover however many lanes as needed.
yet be able to retract instantly to allow innocent traffic by.

Have you ever hopped a bike over a curb?

If this ever came to be, there'd be a market for a bionic version or there would be a lot more ride-on tire sealant sold.

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #29 - 01/14/14 at 09:01:48

verslagen1 wrote on 01/14/14 at 08:57:10:
Have you ever hopped a bike over a curb? 

Not at speed!

Just wondering how Law Enforcement can stop a fellow on a Sportbike that is on the run.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 00:26:44

General CategoryThe Cafe › Big Brother?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.