Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Big Brother?
Reply #1 - 01/08/14 at 13:22:25

'Busa owners will be really worried...  Roll Eyes...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #2 - 01/08/14 at 13:29:24

Its like the "shut down chip" on luxury cars and cars with the nstar. Its installed so that the car can be shut down if stolen, but it could be used by police to stop your vehicle at their discretion, and you cannot "turn it off or on". Undecided

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #3 - 01/08/14 at 15:46:11

Versey, you're stealing JOGs thunder.   Wink

I'm surprised they haven't done that sooner.

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #4 - 01/08/14 at 21:05:36

George Orwell was right....he was just off by 30 years!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #5 - 01/09/14 at 06:50:08

I would be surprised to learn that any motorcycles have a "blackbox" that would equate to tht found on most cars.

The Blackbox on most cars is tied to the airbag deployment. I just don't know of any motorcycles with safety airgbags. As I understand it the car Blackbox keeps a short amount of timed data relating to speed/throttle position, brakes, and probably accelerometer data, that of course stops and locks during airbag deployment.  So that data can give an 'idea" of what the car and driver were doing for say a five minute window right before the airbags deployed (which presume a crash).

Thats a pretty far cry from big brother knowing "everything" about your driving habits. On the flip side.. insurance companies have been taking the data and claiming a right to the data that is above that of the right of the owner of the car.  I do dissagree with that. I bought the car.. I own the car... I own the data.

Of course the come-back insurance companies will say is... Fine.. no data no pay out. Which still might be better if you ..er ARE at fault.  

Of course from what I just read in that article.. it said nothing of ownership or rights... other than you have a right to know its there. i want a law that assures that I own the data.. and that i cannot be held hostage by the insurance company for the data.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 01/09/14 at 07:42:52

I do believe we will see them tracking our driving habits & sending speeding tickets in the mail before this is over, unless we start turning the tyrants around.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 01/09/14 at 11:16:35

Farley was trying to describe how much data Ford has on its customers, and illustrate the fact that the company uses very little of it in order to avoid raising privacy concerns: "We know everyone who breaks the law, we know when you're doing it. We have GPS in your car, so we know what you're doing. By the way, we don't supply that data to anyone," he told attendees.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/ford-exec-gps-2014-1#ixzz2pvky1Fyh

By the way, we don't supply that data to anyone," he told attendees.

They dont supply that data to anyone, YET..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #8 - 01/09/14 at 11:53:31

All my gee whiz computer controlled crap keeps breaking. I'm reviving all my reliable as a rock points fired toys with manual locks, manual windows, non-power assist steering/brakes, carburetors, etc. Even the HEI on the 85 C10 flaked out last week.

Garbage gas, bad roads and modern electronics do not a happy vehicle make.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 01/09/14 at 11:58:11

I think theyre doing their best to "obsolete" the old cars with that ethanol. I think theyre gonna keep jacking it up higher & higher until its eaten all the stuff out of the gas system it can. When I changed the filter on the 87 F150 the stuff that came out was BLACK, like dissolved rubber. Ima hafta go do that again. Its been a bit over ayear, so, it should be showing if its that.
Of course, old guys like me will simply do the repairs. But there are so many who just dont know how & dont have tools & place to do such.

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #10 - 01/09/14 at 14:10:06

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/09/14 at 11:16:35:
Farley was trying to describe how much data Ford has on its customers, and illustrate the fact that the company uses very little of it in order to avoid raising privacy concerns: "We know everyone who breaks the law, we know when you're doing it. We have GPS in your car, so we know what you're doing. By the way, we don't supply that data to anyone," he told attendees.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/ford-exec-gps-2014-1#ixzz2pvky1Fyh

By the way, we don't supply that data to anyone," he told attendees.

They dont supply that data to anyone, YET..

YEAH.... he retracked that ......

http://www.businessinsider.com/ford-jim-farley-retracts-statements-tracking-d...

But that relates to generally advertised devices/services... the "Blackbox" is the reverse.. not well documented... hidden and basically reeks of cahoots with both the insurance and government leaving nearly ZERO benefit to the person WHO PAID FOR AND OWNS the device.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #11 - 01/09/14 at 16:06:35

I wonder what would make anyone want to place black boxes or remote kill switches on motorcycles?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tawe9K76LtE

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #12 - 01/10/14 at 05:25:28

Thing is with the hooligans on sports bikes is that most of them bend their plates up or use old plates when they go out to do stuff like that so they cannot be identified to shut them down even if there was a black box.
EMP gun would be funny tho..... hey bro! watch how I taunt this copper!  rummmmmm rummmmm squeeelll (wheelie pop)(flip the copper off)

Cop: hey rookie! watch the face on this squid when I zap him with the EMP! he will be crying when his bikes comes to a quick stop.... Huh Grin Grin

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #13 - 01/13/14 at 04:44:10

Wish I had one of those remote disable switches Friday night.  At an intersection on the road leading from my office.  I was southbound and a Ford Ranger traveling northbound and in the left turn lane slammed on it's brakes to avoid ramming into the back of a stopped car, and it swerved left and jumped the concrete median and hit the drivers side of the car in front of me.  The driver of the truck managed to back off the median....and he ran.  I tried to chase him down but by the time I got around the median and into the northbound traffic....the truck was gone.  I went back and met the guy that had been hit, and we waited for the Police to arrive, so I could be a witness to what had hapened.  Luckily just before the Police came....another fellow showed up who saw what had happened and he was able to get the license number of the truck.  The office took down all the information.  I am not sure what happens now.......but hopefully it involves some jail time and strip search!  The driver must have been drinking, had drugs or something illegal in the truck, had no insurance or license.....with all the cars around him there was little chance that he would get away without someone getting his license number.

OK.....Just went and looked up the KY penalities for leaving the scene/failure to render assistance in an accident.  The penalty if convicted is a fine of $ 20 - $ 2,000, and jail time can be up to 1 year.  These penalties are listed for no-fatality accidents.

« Last Edit: 01/13/14 at 06:55:19 by Dave »  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #14 - 01/13/14 at 07:22:40

These hooligans will force the governments hand...
Black box's to shut them down remotely... ...but, their first mod will be to remove them...

EMP gun would be the ticket... if such a thing is possible...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 00:34:09

General CategoryThe Cafe › Big Brother?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.