hello I'm back (Read 34 times)
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
hello I'm back
01/03/14 at 09:48:58

greeting folks, I originaly joined the forum a while beack to gather info while deciding what bike to get
at that time I wound up going with a Rebel just due to logistics, but have now a quired an 07 S40, so I have returned
think I may need to do a carb cleaning, but rereadibg some stuff in here, it could also be a bag petcock
anyway, I'm happy to have the zook, and I'll try to get a pic up later

bike pics

the saddlebags are gennie boulevard, but too small for my purposes, will use the bigger ones I kept off the Rebel

« Last Edit: 01/03/14 at 10:54:24 by Art Webb »  
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Re: hello I'm back
Reply #1 - 01/03/14 at 11:37:26

Congratz and welcome back!!!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: hello I'm back
Reply #2 - 01/03/14 at 12:04:18

You mite as well just swap that petcock out & KNOW youre getting gas right. Ive never thot much of bag petcocks anyway.
Welcome back,
Ohh.. how many miles on it? If its really low miles, then you can bet there have been a lot of carburetor bowl loads of gas that have evaporated out & loaded it with dried up crud. Drain the bowl into something clear. Id expect some green slimy stuff. Thats what mine had in it after it sat. As long as the jets arent funked out, the carb will clean up with some Sea Foam run thru the gas. Or, if ya dont mind pulling the carb & havin a look, go that way, OR, if youve swapped the bolts in the carb & used some anti-seize going back together, then you can just drop the bowl & not sweat wrecking a bolt.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 02:29:32

General CategoryThe Cafe › hello I'm back

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.