Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
old-riders next lighweight motorcycle - Sterling (Read 142 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: old-riders next lighweight motorcycle - Sterli
Reply #15 - 01/06/14 at 10:47:46

How far is it to town for you, and how fast do you have to go to keep from getting run over?  What do you expect your round trip mileage to be?

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Re: old-riders next lighweight motorcycle - Sterli
Reply #16 - 01/06/14 at 11:21:25

That's the thing.... groceries ect... are just a few miles either way. Speed is from 55 - 35mph (unless you count the everday crazies that do 80mph) and only takes about  7-15 min. depending on traffic, sometimes it could be 20 min to an hour if there is an accident. Taking the bikes out doesn't give them enough time to even charge the battery, which is why I have to battery tend them often, if i'm not up to snuff to take them out every other week.(I like to ride them for about an hour each, every other week)
I'm wasting more gas just by starting the vehicles up and traveling 3-5 miles and stop, get out.... 1 mile, stop, get out....ect... electric would be so much better for what the wife and I do.

I posted this vid of the road I travel on each day...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcF5kK9i9Gc

back and forth, back and forth.... I don't think a scooter is safe on this road because of all the fatalities each year, but an electric bike or three wheeler would be perfect (only if they improve the bike path), and of course if it were an electric motorcycle or "sparkie", it would be even cooler! So its my "dream" as it were to create the perfect "Floridian" version of silicon valley's energy answer.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 22:32:23

General CategoryThe Cafe › old-riders next lighweight motorcycle - Sterling

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.