winter sux (Read 76 times)
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
winter sux
12/30/13 at 07:06:08

Last year .. as I recall... I got to a lot more riding up through January. ITs been a lot colder and wetter this Dec.

I took a short ( 30 minute) ride on ole fatty. Fun but cold.  Wife really wanted to hop on the Savage (she doesn't want me to sell it until she learns to ride on that). She also has a girlfriend that has large bike but wont ride as she is scared of it. I also have a guy at church that "kinda" wants to buy the bike on terms... (I am not a fan).

I will say, there was a time or two I would have jumped on the savage, to make some "honey do" task, but i would not do it on the 1100, and instead just took the truck (of course, on either bike I would have froze).

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Re: winter sux
Reply #1 - 12/30/13 at 07:11:48

If it runs good and everything is in good shape I'd keep it.  It cost me $25 a year to add my S40 to the insurance with my other one.  I still really enjoy it and I'm slowly refurbishing it.

Winter here starter a month early where I live.  Perhaps it will end a bit early?  The azaleas bloomed  3 or 4 weeks early the past year or two.

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #2 - 12/30/13 at 08:21:45

pg wrote on 12/30/13 at 07:11:48:
If it runs good and everything is in good shape I'd keep it.  It cost me $25 a year to add my S40 to the insurance with my other one.  I still really enjoy it and I'm slowly refurbishing it.

Winter here starter a month early where I live.  Perhaps it will end a bit early?  The azaleas bloomed  3 or 4 weeks early the past year or two.

OK .. well who is that with cause.. my insurer isn't willing to give me any break... $175/yr for the savge... $225/yr for the 1100.. and I have to pay the whole $400 if I want to keep both!

(yes I realize that only $33 per month.. but is on top of the $325 I pay for the 3 cars.. and it has to be for the year and on the Credit card)  :'(

PS; Bike runs like friken top.. all new tires, havent hit 7k miles yet.  Needs.... nothing but ridin'!  If it were a yo-yo .. I would be doing tricks.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #3 - 12/30/13 at 13:54:25

I have progressive and I had them for 12 years with no complaints.  But I haven't got any tickets and no accidents.  I have my truck on the auto policy and then I have the S40 & KLR on the motorcycle policy.  I should get 10% off one end for having coverage for both kinds of vehicles.  Before I added the KLR it was $75 per year for just liability (S40).  I didn't realize I had it that good.   Wink

If you are interested in selling it I know someone who might be interested in Hattiesburg.

Anyway how do you like the v star?

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #4 - 12/31/13 at 08:26:23

pg wrote on 12/30/13 at 13:54:25:
I have progressive and I had them for 12 years with no complaints.  But I haven't got any tickets and no accidents.  I have my truck on the auto policy and then I have the S40 & KLR on the motorcycle policy.  I should get 10% off one end for having coverage for both kinds of vehicles.  Before I added the KLR it was $75 per year for just liability (S40).  I didn't realize I had it that good.   Wink

If you are interested in selling it I know someone who might be interested in Hattiesburg.

Anyway how do you like the v star?

I have less than 100 miles on it. I like every aspect except the weight. I nicknamed it "ole fatty". Pretty fun running up through the gears. She likes being ridden at 60 and above... where the savage likes 60 and below. I could see me riding for hours with no issue.

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #5 - 01/02/14 at 00:14:30

Pine, I've had Farm Bureau car and house in N MS  for 45 years. Started driving at 15. I buy good used cars so no payments and no collission--just liability. FB was about $166/yr on the bike,so i'm paying Geico about $109 now with slightly better coverage. 2000 Grand Prix, 2003 Impala, and 1998 Mazda pickup $700/yr with FB. Took the 650 for aa spin 1-1-14. 55 degrees here. 40 thursday and possibly 12 or so by the weekend.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 02:23:41

General CategoryThe Cafe › winter sux

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.