Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Its expensive to get the wife to ride (Read 61 times)
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Its expensive to get the wife to ride
12/30/13 at 06:58:09

will probably be worth it but:

wife picks out "mesh" jacket on LeatherUp.com .. good prices ... I buy it ... too small ( size LG)
I send it back .. which is done at MY expense ($21)
Dec 24 the replacement comes in (YEAH)... size 2XL ... too small.. wife NOT amused..
I send it back... again at my expense.. ($21)

Saturday we go to local bike shop and she finds a mesh jacket she likes and that fits.. $199.. ( the others were $80) ... size (1 Diva)

Well a month of PB&J and I should be stable again.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Its expensive to get the wife to ride
Reply #1 - 12/30/13 at 07:20:47

I am just about to share your pain.  I bought a Double Up bike a month ago so I can take my loving wife with me on some rides.  I first bought a used Corbin seat for the Wife's comfort, then for Christmas I got her some gloves with the knuckle armor.  She has been talking to a freind of hers that rides and the woman loves her leather chaps.  So a helmet, jacket and chaps are all going to have to be purchased in the not too distant future.  If I expect her to ride in cold weather.....heated gear will also be a requirement!

Gotta make the wife as safe and comfortable if I expect her to enjoy riding with me.

Dave

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 12/30/13 at 08:27:27

Geez... just tell 'em to follow you in the car... Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Blinky-FSO
Serious Thumper

Three Eyes Are
Better Than Two

Kentucky
Reply #3 - 12/30/13 at 08:42:03

It is not inexpensive. I just went through outfitting the wife with all the gear in the early fall. I really hawk the closeout sites and was able to pick up an armored mesh Shift jacket in bright red for about $60, a Bell Vortex full face helmet for $90, and a pair of leather lined Tour Master (Cortex?) jeans for $90. The gloves we bought retail from the local dealer. She already had a sturdy pair of leather boots.

What was missing was the radio. She really likes to have background music at all times. I can't imagine listening to music while piloting a bike. I would be helping with the drum solo on Winter's 'Frankenstein" and ride the thing right into a tree.

I picked up and ipod Shuffle for Christmas for $44 and loaded it with her favorite songs. The thing is about the size of a postage stamp, clips to the front of the jacket, and the ear buds fit well under the helmet. Problem solved.

Good hunting

2007 S40 (Sold)
2007 C50 (Sold)
1992 Honda GL1500
2014 Honda CTX700N
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 12/30/13 at 12:53:13

Serowbot wrote on 12/30/13 at 08:27:27:
Geez... just tell 'em to follow you in the car... Grin...

Nope.....that would provide her too good of an opportunity to cash in on my Life Insurance Policy!

I am also thinking of ways we might be able to use her new chaps around the house.  Heck.....I might even help with the housework if she chooses the proper way to wear the chaps!  Roll Eyes

imagesCADHR0AH.jpg

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 00:26:08

General CategoryThe Cafe › Its expensive to get the wife to ride

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.