jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Losing money in NZ
12/24/13 at 02:57:10

www.trademe.co.nz listing 675841062

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Re: Losing money in NZ
Reply #1 - 12/24/13 at 06:21:13

wow, and i'm only asking 9,000USD for my 2007 Harley Davidson Road Glide....
stuff is sure expensive over there....

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #2 - 12/24/13 at 09:11:19

Please do not feel like you are alone.   The very first folks struggled hard to finish up the kit builds then discovered how uncomfortable the bikes were to ride for any real distance with the full crouch riding position and all.  

After being a garage queen for a year or so, the Rycas began to hit the craigslist and then the sellers complained they couldn't even cover the price of the kit parts when they finally sold it.    

You are not alone.

If you are building it as an interesting hobby, great .... but make plans to have yourself a comfortable riding bike in the garage to go along with it.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 12/24/13 at 09:44:51

Well,, they LOOK good,,too bad theres more to it than that.
I remember when there was a backlash against those who simply spoke the truth about this.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #4 - 12/24/13 at 10:26:47

Fortunately Old Feller, that's not my bike. I'm strictly stock and quite satisfied to be that way. Who ever is selling lives near me and advertised a lot of parts a while ago, wish I'd had the money to buy a few.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #5 - 12/24/13 at 13:32:38

Don't forget, that $9,000 NZ dollars is only $7,366 US.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #6 - 12/24/13 at 14:55:55

That would cost $10,000 to build in Australia, too. There's a bike shop in Perth who's importing RYCA. The supply of Savages is very short in Oz so they're planning on buying donor bikes from the states (86-89 only can be registered here) and say they will be around $6000 by the time the bike is cleared of customs, inspected, registered etc. Then have to buy the RYCA kit. I was looking at importing one privately but was too expensive for that bike. A mate did the same with a  V Rod and saved about $10000 on the price here. So it works, but is more economical for the more expensive stuff.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #7 - 12/24/13 at 14:59:20

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/24/13 at 09:44:51:
Well,, they LOOK good,,too bad theres more to it than that.
I remember when there was a backlash against those who simply spoke the truth about this.

Yup, some Ryca guys really took umbrage at the bald truth being told so bluntly by the head moderator of the Savage forum. As I recall, I had to banish myself to the river Styx after being accused of being a "hater" -- that was the very first first of my annual winter vacations to the red sandbar by the nasty stinky river.

At least its always nice and warm here, and now that they have WiFi it isn't quite as dead as it was the first time around .....

This time I was accused of libel (slander in written form) by a newbie who actually wanted to sue me for answering his question so I am once again sipping sludge cocktails and basting in the rosy glow at the riverside Styx resort yet again this Christmas season.

Sometimes it feels sorta peaceful here .....

Roll Eyes

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 02:26:02

General CategoryThe Cafe › Losing money in NZ

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.