Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to buy a used motorcycle (Read 58 times)
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
How to buy a used motorcycle
12/23/13 at 20:38:32

I clicked on a link Verslagen put on here about buying used bikes. Reminded me of buying a 92 Olds with my wife along. Long story,short--we loved it during the test drive. Came back and I told the salesman we couldn't pay a dime over $250 a month. My wife spoke up, eager to help, and said, "I'm getting my raise next month because of a good evaluation by my consultant! That'll make up the difference." The salesman gave me a sad look and I think he almost felt sorry for me. Almost. And it was a good car.  Grin

Here is my advice for buying big ticket items---PATIENCE!  Wink

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: How to buy a used motorcycle
Reply #1 - 12/23/13 at 22:02:48

Grin Grin Grin...
... and leave the better half,.. in the castle...

Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #2 - 12/24/13 at 07:38:46

The only new vehicle we purchased was an '89 Forrunner. My wife and I test drove all the new 4WD vehicles available at the time together and decided on that truck. Then I toured SW Ont. alone to find one in the colours and options we wanted, and researched the dealer cost for the truck. I waited til near the end of the month, because dealers are willing to deal then to make their month end look good, and offered them their cost, which they didn't take, so I offered them 5% over cost. I was prepared to walk away if they refused. The salesman consulted the sales manager, who consulted the owner, and they accepted.
I am sure my wife would have paid the full price if she had done the deal. (She really liked that truck).

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
bobert_FSO

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Wichita KS
Reply #3 - 12/24/13 at 08:05:16

My dad bought and sold collectable cars for a number of years. Not expensive full-on restorations, but usually decent originals that he would clean up, then flip or drive for a little while.

He said the trick is to not "fall in love" with a car and feel that you just had to have it.

He would come up with what he thought was a fair price that he was willing to pay. It was not a super-lowball price. He would then make an offer.  If negotiations fell through, Dad would say, "Here's my phone number.  If you change your mind, call me."

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 02:30:46

General CategoryThe Cafe › How to buy a used motorcycle

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.