Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Back in the saddle (with memory foam) again!!! (Read 30 times)
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Back in the saddle (with memory foam) again!!!
12/22/13 at 20:29:09

Basically mother started fading last Feb and went from hospital to nursing home and   back all year. Took her off life support Oct 20. During this time wife had a cardiac spasm but no blockage two weeks before I had a Birmingham hip replacement/resurfacing. (Look it up. Really neat) Back in church with no cane in 2 weeks. Therapy for about 15  trips. Decided to ride to keep from going crazier. Bucked a little coming home from a short ride. Checked gas filter which was solid black. Forgot and left ethanol gas in it while recuperating. Got busy till August and put new filter/gas and gas line for a 125 mile line in 90+ temps. Cleared my head, but started popping and jerking about 15 miles from home. Used very little throttle ans short shifted to nurse it home. Figured main jet was clogged 'cause ran good at idle and low throttle settings. Some time later took carb apart  and decided to have it sonic cleaned at my cycle store. Put it on 2 weeks after I got it back and battery was flat after being on trickle. Waited till Friday to get the cheapest Parts   Unlimited battery they had. Installed Saturday and had a ride one hour before dark and storms came through. Wonderful! BTW somehow stripped screw on left side cover but was able to pivot it about an inch to get to negative battery lug. Put new plug (7) in while tank was off. Carb had a worn o-ring somewhere. Power I thought was gone because of mileage is back. Didn't even touch the forbidden screw. Gonna be 20's at night and maybe nearly 50 some this week. I will try to get from 1000 miles back to my usual 3500 mile average by Dec 31. Merry Christmas.  Boofer

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Back in the saddle (with memory foam) again!!!
Reply #1 - 12/22/13 at 21:17:09

Here's to some good miles ahead... Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Re: Back in the saddle (with memory foam) again!!!
Reply #2 - 12/23/13 at 06:48:54

Our little bikes do seem to pull through in spite of us ( leaving eth in the tank). Sounds like you have been BUSY!!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 02:36:15

General CategoryThe Cafe › Back in the saddle (with memory foam) again!!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.