Send Topic Print
Quack quack...... (Read 220 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Quack quack......
Reply #15 - 12/22/13 at 07:10:10

I eat at Cracker Barrel's about once a week when I'm on the road and I travel 3 out of 4 weeks on average. They've got a great pancake, eggs and bacon breakfast. It's not like home, but it's something.

I will bail on them however. Not that I'm a huge Duck fan, but I hate sissys and coward corporations that make money off personalities and when those people bump into the politically correct media, they get tossed overboard by those same corporations. When Rush Limbaugh lost ProFlowers and Carbonite, they both suffered tremendously because they pulled their advertisement from his show when he correctly called Sandra Fluke a very *friendly* person.

Live by the sword, die by the sword. I know Cracker Barrel won't miss my little $10 breakfast bill every two weeks, but I'll either go to a local eatery or Bob Evans.

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #16 - 12/22/13 at 08:23:16

Stopped eating at cracker barrel a while back, the corn muffins tasted like saw dust and the food just wasn't very good overall.
  As to Phil, he was asked a question and responded according to his beliefs, can't see any harm in that. Being honest has never been a crime in my eyes even when it doesn't fit the PC world. Think A&E has bitten off more than it can chew.
Ed

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #17 - 12/22/13 at 11:18:48

Cracker Barrel just reversed course and announced that they have put the Duck Commander items back on the shelves.
I really like CB.  I travel a lot in my work, and carry a map of all of the CB locations stuffed between my seat and center console of my car.
My favorite is the open faced roast beef, but I substitute turnip greens for the mashed potatoes.
I don't eat cornbread, because it all tastes like sawdust, regardless of where I might get it.  Far too dry for me, unless you put about a 1/2 pound of butter on every piece.
My town is the headquarters of Bob Evans, and I think CB food is far superior to BE.
My only real complaint about CB is that their real estate department won't pay the price for the easy to find locations off of freeways - sometimes it's like a snipe hunt to find the restaurant once you get off of the freeway.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 12/22/13 at 12:34:34

I guess I wasn't the only one that sent them an email this morning.....

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #19 - 12/22/13 at 12:45:46

CB's announcement said that they were deluged with customer complaints about taking the stuff off of the shelves.
Another person posted a complaint here about their service.  Odd, but I find the service uniformly excellent.  If you hit the place when some senior citizen tour bus happens to pull in at lunch, they can get a bit slow in service, but what restaurant wouldn't when slammed with 70 extra people at once?
It may sound a bit cold, but if I were in that genre of restaurant business, I would try to reserve a section for adults only.  Nothing bugs me more than to be seated at any eatery amidst a bunch of crying babies or ill-behaved toddlers.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 12/22/13 at 12:48:31

I'm usually by myself when I eat there. Maybe that's why I never have any problems. Although I had a meeting in Little Rock with three or four people sitting around a table and the service was excellent. I've only eaten breakfast there, I can't remember eating any other meal there.

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #21 - 12/22/13 at 12:55:57

I eat lunch there.  When I eat breakfast, it's at home with Egg Beaters.  That's what 2 stents in the heart will do to your diet.
Once in a while, if I'm on the road past normal dinner time, I'll eat dinner there too.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #22 - 12/23/13 at 01:29:29

I am not a regular customer at CB, BUT,,They showed their hand. I know who they are now. Theyre unprincipled, Im done with them,,They should have never pulled the products, gutless, PC worshiping jerkwads,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #23 - 12/23/13 at 08:37:53

I never watched Duck Dynasty,.. and I never go to Craker Barrel... so,.. Pffftt!...

...but,... using the Bible to support the condemnation of other people is wrong... ...and very selective...
Does he also condemn football?... because the Bible also condemns those that eat or touch pigskin and pork...
Was God only kidding about that part?...
Also,... eating shellfish... wearing clothes of mixed fabric,... wearing gold,... getting a divorce,... tattoos and piercings... trimming the sides of your hair...
Do you see any finger waving at people that wear no-iron t-shirts?...

PC does go too far sometimes...but,..
...Who's having ham for Christmas?...  Undecided...
Grin Grin Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #24 - 12/23/13 at 08:46:08

Serowbot -

The dietary rules of the Old Testament are a part of what Christians call "The Old Covenant".  Not being a theologian, my understanding is that the Old Covenant is based upon the laws given to Moses.  Strict adherence to them was virtually impossible, so, Jews of the time could only obtain forgiveness of sin by doing acts of contrition, such as sacrificing livestock on holy days, and other means with which I'm not familiar.
Jesus referred to belief in Himself as the Savior of all believers as all that is needed for salvation as "The New Covenant".
So, to Christians, the New Covenant replaced the old, and adherence to those old dietary laws is no longer required.
Of course, practicing Jews still obey them, as do Muslims, since neither believes in the New Covenant.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #25 - 12/23/13 at 09:21:06

I spoke to a preacher trying to decipher such questions on one occasion.  He said the Bible is historical narrative of how to achieve salvation from various points in time (Old & New Testament) beginning from the creation of the world.  

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 12/23/13 at 09:22:10

Cracker barrel is back pedaling now.

Who even cares? I'm so tired of hearing about this.
"The nail that sticks out, gets hammered."
I don't give a sheet what anyone does - but know this: if you live outside the societal norm you can expect to be judged.
Whether you're gay, an amputee, get a nose ring, whatever. It's not fair but expect it.

--Steve

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #27 - 12/23/13 at 09:26:54

Uh huh... God changed his mind...
.. or,.. Jesus changed it for him...
Quote:
Of course, practicing Jews still obey them, as do Muslims, since neither believes in the New Covenant.

Makes Christianity sound like "Belief lite"...
Rewriting the word of God to make things easier...

How hard is it, to not get a tattoo?... or wear gold?...
This is arbitrary...
Atheism is fastest growing belief... (thankfully)...
It's the new, New Covenant...

While I'm ranting... Grin...
I don't know if it's everywhere or just here, but there is a thing called "The Cool Church"...  (hip dudes preachin' Jesus)...
Somebody stop them, please... they're are making a mockery...
It's just embarrassing... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #28 - 12/23/13 at 11:00:27

Serowbot wrote on 12/23/13 at 08:37:53:
I never watched Duck Dynasty,.. and I never go to Craker Barrel... so,.. Pffftt!...

...but,... using the Bible to support the condemnation of other people is wrong... ...and very selective...
Does he also condemn football?... because the Bible also condemns those that eat or touch pigskin and pork...
Was God only kidding about that part?...
Also,... eating shellfish... wearing clothes of mixed fabric,... wearing gold,... getting a divorce,... tattoos and piercings... trimming the sides of your hair...
Do you see any finger waving at people that wear no-iron t-shirts?...

PC does go too far sometimes...but,..
...Who's having ham for Christmas?...  Undecided...
Grin Grin Grin...

He said its Sin, he said
"Sin isnt logical", He was saying he doesnt understand how a man can want another man, its confusing to him, If anyone doesnt kjnow its wrong, then they are missing something in their heart. I wasnt taught that man on man sex was messed up, I knew that.
Ahh, but I digress..
Phil didnt "condemn" anyone. Listen to his words. Go watch a clip. The only one I found my McAfee warned me away from, so,,meeh,, Ive read that he ended with

But, Im not one to judge.

& we are under Grace now, Jesus died for our sins, because no one could be saved under the Law.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #29 - 12/23/13 at 11:00:37

Serowbot wrote on 12/23/13 at 09:26:54:
Uh huh... God changed his mind...
.. or,.. Jesus changed it for him...
Quote:

Makes Christianity sound like "Belief lite"...
Rewriting the word of God to make things easier...

How hard is it, to not get a tattoo?... or wear gold?...
This is arbitrary...
Atheism is fastest growing belief... (thankfully)...
It's the new, New Covenant...

While I'm ranting... Grin...
I don't know if it's everywhere or just here, but there is a thing called "The Cool Church"...  (hip dudes preachin' Jesus)...
Somebody stop them, please... they're are making a mockery...
It's just embarrassing... Huh...

We call them "rock and roll" churches. You and I are in complete agreement that they make a mockery of the tenets of the faith they claim to adhere to...

As for wearing gold, never have liked how it looks. My wedding band is titanium.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 19:16:20

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Quack quack......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.