Short ride (Read 115 times)
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Short ride
12/16/13 at 07:10:04

I got to take the yammy out to get gas and haircut... thats all of about 10 minute ride away. We are now in typical December weather... either is cold and semi dry or its warm and wet ( with cold and warm being realtive terms only). Saturday was warm enough.. but overcast. By the time they got my hair cut it was sprinkling.

I stalled the yammy every single time I stopped. But I figure thats cause it ( the motor) never got a chance to warm up.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Short ride
Reply #1 - 12/16/13 at 08:23:23

High 70's today, and over 80' tomorrow...

I'm tryin' to make up errands to do... Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #2 - 12/16/13 at 14:04:21

Went and paid the lectric' today on the lil' ninja.... gonna get out the hurley tomorrow and run it around for bout half hour or so.... then wed. is the savages turn.
It was 56 degrees today and supposed to get warmer as the week progresses, but chance of rain is going up.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #3 - 12/17/13 at 10:00:57

Oh gah...

37 this morn ( too cold for me to ride)
44 right now... still cold .. but dry and sunny I would do it!

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #4 - 12/17/13 at 16:07:14

Try this once for about 2o minutes in real cold weather.

A good pair of ski gloves that are a little big so you can put in some kind of a glove liner.

Long john lowers and an extra pair of socks.

Balaclava.

I wasn't any colder than when I'd go downhill skiing in the same temps.  My fingers were cold but it was in the 20s.  You'll be pleasantly surprised how enjoyable it can be.

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
ESLloyd
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 12/17/13 at 17:52:17

Sad Minus 22 Celcius at the moment,10 inches plus of snow tomorrow,bikes all tucked away on their battery tenders.Come-on April!!

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #6 - 12/17/13 at 18:06:41

Yeah, I remember those days.  I'm going to go visit a buddy tomorrow who lives about 150 miles away.  When I leave it is foretasted to be 32 but it is supposed to get up to 60 in the afternoon.  The way I look at it is life to short to worry about a little bit of cold.   Cool

IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #7 - 12/17/13 at 19:43:31

If you're ill prepared though, that little bit of cold could severely impact your enjoyment of your life.  Frostbite is no fun.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #8 - 12/17/13 at 20:08:53

I have a thick touring coat by first gear and over pants.  I road to TN and back in similar weather, it wasn't that bad.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #9 - 12/18/13 at 03:50:56

We are supposed to be in the 50's for the next few days.....but the bikes are all packed away.  There is such a thick layer of salt on the roads that I am not riding the bikes on that toxic environment........it is a sure recipe for some serious corrosion.

I ride up until the first salt trucks deposit a layer.....then park the bikes until the spring rains come and wash it all away.  When the blacktop roads lose their white coating......then it is riding time again!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Reply #10 - 12/18/13 at 06:55:22

Pine,

You will find that the Yammie is cold blooded (worse than Suzi). I let my 1100 warmup/idle while putting on all my gear and leave the choke halfway out for the first 2-3 miles of riding whenever the temps are 50 or below.

I'm going to ride today just hafta figure out if I'm taking the V Star 1100, Intruder, or S40 out first  Smiley

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #11 - 12/19/13 at 07:16:46

Well I did it... I rode the yammy to work for the very first time. The ride and comfort is obvious a large improvement over the Savage, the and speed are there.. but of course its an urban ride.. so you never get over 50mph and thus you dont ever tap anything the little bike can't offer up as well.
I "didn't stall and didn't fall" so it was a good ride.

The clutch is MUCH easier to hold compressed, and the shifting is very much smoother. Finding neutral was a pain. I feared to put my feet down at a stop as you are not dragging that half ton to a stop, like you can the lil'bit.  The Cobra long pipes, sound good going up through the gears, so thats fun... when you just ride along at say 50 and up after a while the sound kinda drones and grates on your ears.

I couldn't find a good place to get my hands warm! We will see how it goes whenI ride to the other work site at 2pm and then ride her home tonight. No matter what.. its good to be back on two wheels. Boots down, eyes forward.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 02:34:53

General CategoryThe Cafe › Short ride

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.