Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Thought I'd Introduce Myself . . . (Read 172 times)
Rich Brunelle
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Thought I'd Introduce Myself . . .
12/12/13 at 21:05:22

Howdy Folks . . .

My name is Rich Brunelle and I am a LS650 Savage owner, as of this evening. Nope, she is not new. She isn't really very pretty either. She is an older gal from 1996 and she is showing signs of wear, but for me it was love at first sight.

I just brought her home this evening and I swear that when I opened her up on the 580 East coming home my age went from mid fifties to about 30 in less time than it took to take her to 75 from 50. Dang it felt good. Anyway, she sounds good backfire included. Handlebars too far forward, mirror missing, other mirror needs to be set to adjust correctly, and a little elbow grease won't hurt her a bit.

I reside in the San Francisco Bay Area in San Leandro, hope to see some of you  folks out there on the road

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Thought I'd Introduce Myself . . .
Reply #1 - 12/12/13 at 21:29:18

Welcome, Rich...
Was she whisperin' naughty thoughts in yer' ear, as you rode?...
Mine's a 97'... she's a cheeky little thing... Grin... Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 12/12/13 at 22:33:44

DANGITT! I Totally Misread the first sentence..

I was SOO Ready to welcome a rich brunette to the forum..
Ohh well,, Howdy Rich!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Rich Brunelle
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 12/13/13 at 00:30:13

Serowbot, You know she did . . . You know she did!

Justin_o_guy2, For the record, let me know if you find one of those . . . I also would like to express my interest, lol.

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #4 - 12/13/13 at 07:47:55

Welcome!

You will find lots of good info here. Savage is a fun little bike to fix up. You would be amazed at what a little tinkering can do to make the scoot even more enjoyable.

IP Logged
S-P
Serious Thumper

Back in the saddle
again

Phoenix, AZ
Reply #5 - 12/13/13 at 09:06:19

Welcome Rich, I'm a new Savage owner too and signed up on the forum a couple weeks ago. My last bike was in 1970 and I'm with ya... I went from 61 to 18 around the block at my house. This is a great forum and a LOT of good information.  I'd encourage you to get into the "cam chain adjuster" thing right off the bat. I've been riding mine for a couple months, lost my key and decided to use the down time to pull the side covers. Sho' nuff, my tensioner was just about to fall apart. I haven't wrenched on anything seriously in years, but with a basic set of tools and some Harbor Freight fill ins and some posts and searching the forum here I've been able to get into the motor OK so far.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 12/13/13 at 09:25:10

Heck,, anybody can get IN,, its gettin OUT & stayin out that can be a challenge.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #7 - 12/13/13 at 10:29:32

Welcome Rich,

You'll find everything you ever wanted to know about the Savage here.  And, probably some things you didn't want to know.  Check out the tech section.  There's an index.  You'll probably want to read the cam chain and petc0ck threads pretty soon.

There's lots of great people here that'll be glad to help if they can too.

This bike is great for  giving you that youthful exuberance about riding.  It goes when you want and it's a nice, sedate little cruiser when you just want to putt around. It likes roads other than the slab much better but will get on the slab if you want.  If you want a rocket, you got the wrong bike, you want a bike that's great fun to ride, reliable, easily wrenched, you got it.

Have fun and be safe

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 12/13/13 at 11:00:25

Have fun and be safe

Thats actually possible with one of these.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #9 - 12/13/13 at 16:36:42

Welcome Rich  Smiley

You know the saying

"Its more fun to ride a slow bike fast , than to ride a fast bike slow",

Well in this case the slow bike keeps up very well with the fast bike !  Wink  Hard not to "LOVE IT" .  Cheesy

The weak-link is the cam chain , (the Chug-Chug) of slow idle is the main problem , so keep it idled up to about 1200 or so (as in Smoth).  Versey has found a cure and its supper easy to do.   My first cam chain started raddling about 14K miles,  but nobody told me not to idle it down to about 600 rpm till after the damage was done.    

Smiley

Refresh_Bike_and_New_Car_005.JPG

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #10 - 12/13/13 at 17:10:39

Welcome to the Forum. The bathroom's down the hall, payday is Friday, and remember these words,"First, remove the seat."  Smiley Boofer

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Rich Brunelle
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 12/13/13 at 21:16:20

Well Dang!

My first forum post and I posted it in the wrong section . . . I am sorry but my mind was distracted by my new toy.

Thank you to everyone responding to this post, I appreciate the welcome. And, I will gladly heed the advice given. As for my Savage, it may not be a race bike but when turning that throttle she takes off quick enough to make me want to hold on and that is good enough for me. I have owned a few bikes over the years, but I cannot think of any that got me as jazzed as this bike does. I do not know why, I have no specific reason, but man does it feel good to ride her.

Any of you folks living in my neighborhood that like doing short runs on weekends that want a tag-a-long, give me a few weeks to get her road ready and I can be available . . .

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 12/13/13 at 21:17:45

No you didnt,, the Cafe is a great place to start off,,

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #13 - 12/13/13 at 22:37:27

A savage quickens the pulse because it has one...
So many modern bikes don't...

Deep down... us Savager's are wanting a low maintenance horse...
One that talks back,.. but is still a trusted friend...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #14 - 12/14/13 at 01:23:53

Well, RB, you just put a location in your profile and folks will know where to go to find you on them weekends.... and I will probably be one of them if we are close enough. And if we aren't, well look at the dragon ride in the café section and see what we are planning this coming spring, and look for the west Tennessee post to see whats goin' to happen in the fall!
If you feel like callin' a meet and greet close to your neck of the woods then post it up! you  would be amazed to find out how many of us try to get away and ride! Smiley

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 00:28:13

General CategoryThe Cafe › Thought I'd Introduce Myself . . .

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.