Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Head Light Short (Read 42 times)
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Head Light Short
12/12/13 at 15:05:11

Perhaps someone can assist me.  The short in my headlight came back this week.  The headlight will not work unless the high beam button is pressed.  Every once in a while when you turn the wheel left it will come on for a period of time.  All the other lights and signals work just fine.  I can't figure out where it is coming from.  I took apart the head light and inspected all the wires.  Their was no excessive were and all the wires were still wrapped in electrical tape from the last time this happened.  I took apart the high beam / passing control and double checked that.  It looked ok.  The only place I haven't look is under the tank.  Does anyone have any thoughts?  Thanks.

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Head Light Short
Reply #1 - 12/12/13 at 16:33:40

Only that something has an intermittent contact... it could even be the low beam filament in the bulb...
If you have a spare bulb, try it... (don't leave oily fingerprints on the bulb, when you swap)...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #2 - 12/12/13 at 16:42:01

Thanks, I'll give it a go.  All of this started when I replaced the bulb 6 months ago.

IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #3 - 12/12/13 at 19:58:14

If it started after a bulb replacement, that would lead me to either a loose connection from the bulb change or a faulty bulb.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
Tempted
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 12/12/13 at 20:05:13

I had a similar issue on a 2005 Katana. It was the low/high rocker switch. It would flicker every once in a while, then sometimes not come on at all. I replaced the rocker and the problem went away.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #5 - 12/13/13 at 15:26:46

Gents, thanks for the suggestions.  I put in a new bulb and it worked just fine.  I thought it was fixed once, we'll see if it lasts.   Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 05:32:04

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Head Light Short

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.