Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
new piston performance? (Read 137 times)
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Re: new piston performance?
Reply #15 - 12/13/13 at 10:16:59

Bubba,

Got any idea where to get points and condenser for that moped engine.  I've got a Batavus with the same engine.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #16 - 12/13/13 at 10:39:07

Steve,
There are a couple of places you can try...

https://www.treatland.tv/default.asp

http://www.1977mopeds.com/

I personally like treats...they ship really fast...

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
Tempted
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 12/13/13 at 22:30:52

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/12/13 at 23:31:10:
The Savage is fast enough to get a guy in over his head. It has less than ideal handling, which, for me, is a safety feature. I can Test myself thru a sweeper on it & the handling will tell me when Im going as fast as I can go w/o crashing. If I had a crotch rocket that handled like a scalpel, Id get into corners going way too fast. I MIGHT not crash due to losing control, but Im not smart enough to have fun at lower, survivable speeds IF the equipment will operate at higher speeds. One of these, well tuned & on good rubber will put pegs down in corners I can make w/o screeching tires in the car at a bit over 30 MPH. Theres a nice one not far from home, I guess its not exactly a corner, but its a bit tight to call it a sweeper. Its a fine challenge. POwer & near racetrack handling/geometry covers up the sins of picking bad lines. The Savage exposes them, & I like that.,

Dragging pegs is more dangerous than dropping a sport bike to your knee in corners. If a peg, kick stand or pedal catches the road and bites then you'll likely be tasting dirt right before the bike rolls on top of you. I rode my 2007 Street Bob so hard in corners than I ground a hole in the primary cover on the left side and the lower exhaust pipe on the right. There were more than a few occasions when I needed to lean farther to keep myself at a safe distance from the ditch but couldn't because I was at the bike's angle limit. If you really want to have some fun in the bends but know you'll exceed your limits on a superbike then pick up something along the lines of an EX500, Ninja 250, Bandit 400, SV650, Ducati Monster 750, etc. They can all corner great but don't have the power to put you in a situation that you may not be able to handle. The Ninja 250 is a fantastic bike if you can put up with its lack of power. It handles great, is cheap to buy and maintain, is easy to get replacement parts on and gets great fuel economy.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 12/13/13 at 23:06:28

I dont drag pegs on roads I dont know

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 01:53:02

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › new piston performance?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.