Send Topic Print
86 Savage Restoration (Read 653 times)
Tempted
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: 86 Savage Restoration
Reply #30 - 12/30/13 at 12:31:15

DA sander, 80 grit, self etching primer, DA sander, 180 grit, automotive primer, DA sander 220 grit, automotive primer. Any of the chrome plated stuff has a copper coating below the chrome. When you sand the chrome off you find it. It won't have sticking issues.

I never have adhesion issues. I also anodize but won't be doing any on this bike. Its very hard to get a good match to paint when anodizing. Most black anodizing turns purple after a while and there is zero chance of me matching the Viper blue with a dye. Chances are this bike will never see inclement weather, extended high speeds or aggressive riding.

IP Logged
Tempted
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 01/05/14 at 14:14:23

More excuses for not updating. I've been very sick and my sister(the one married to the man I'm building the bike with) lost a baby(pregnant with twins). I'll update in the next day or two.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #32 - 01/06/14 at 03:25:10

My wife works at a hospital, she says the place is full.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Tempted
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 01/06/14 at 14:05:07

Even with the kerosene heater its too cold to work in the garage.

IP Logged
Tempted
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #34 - 01/07/14 at 12:58:52

I didn't mention that all of the engine covers and mounts are painted with high heat(1700 degree) primer and enamel. I shouldn't have any issues with it.

IP Logged
Tempted
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #35 - 02/04/14 at 17:34:30

I've made little progress on the Savage in the last couple of weeks. I picked up a couple new bikes, one being a 1980 Suzuki GS850 and the other a Honda Magna V65. Both are going to be rebuilt(neither were operational when I got them, the GS850 is now road ready and waiting on paint).

Since I had to rewire the entire bike I was checking that all the electronics were operational when I hit the horn for the first time. What I got was a startling duck call that made my dogs run in terror and me almost crap my pants.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 00:18:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 86 Savage Restoration

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.