Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
wanna see a growin man cry... (Read 337 times)
anebv8

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rangiora,New Zealand
Re: wanna see a growin man cry...
Reply #15 - 12/06/13 at 15:31:02

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/06/13 at 13:59:11:
Id be suspicious of that being something other than too much torque.
How long have you had this bike?
As you say, someone has been in there.
Are we looking at parts that have been cleaned? Where is the other end?
Can you account for the small bits & pieces?
Id have a real close look at everything behind where the cam gear goes & look for any pry mark on the head. Some idiot may have been trying to change the chain w/o pulling the head cover & pried on that thing.
If it were just a torque issue Id expect stripped threads or a busted bolt.
If it was a chunk of crud between the cam sprocket & the cam, between the bolt hole & axis, that would pull the tab the bolt threads into toward the gear & could cause a crack that would do that KIND of damage. The missing piece shows the ear on the cam was moved outward.
If there was much of a crack you should have seen oil infiltration into the source of it, Did you?

had the bike only a few months,the broken part can be seen just to the right of the photo,there is oil infiltration in the crack (can't get a good photo,only got cellphone),and as I stated in the original post,I saw the crack when I was wiping it all down,and gave the part a tweek with some pliers,so the part didn't/wasn't broken right off until I tweeked it.I'm going to finish cleaning it all down and see if I can see any marks or scratches

Ago Solvo Intereo Puteus
  IP Logged
SimeonC

Tha-Tha-Tha
Thumper!!

Alabama
Reply #16 - 12/18/13 at 16:27:53

Wow man I hope they can fix it for you, that cam gear is some TOUGH stuff they are carved out of a solid block of Carbide Steel im curious  to know what possibly broke it?!?! Shocked

ALL GAS EYELID-FLIPPER!!
GO-BABY-GO!!
  IP Logged
anebv8

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rangiora,New Zealand
Reply #17 - 12/19/13 at 22:56:18

SimeonC wrote on 12/18/13 at 16:27:53:
Wow man I hope they can fix it for you, that cam gear is some TOUGH stuff they are carved out of a solid block of Carbide Steel im curious  to know what possibly broke it?!?! Shocked

I'm thinking it's been over tightened in the past and me playing with didn't help  Embarrassed (but pleased I did,rather not have it let go when zipping around the hills)
plus side...sourced a replacement shaft,started off in Spokane Washington,then found one in Sydney Australia,could get a whole motor from this one,but finally found one an hour from home,just waiting for it to arrive  Cool

Ago Solvo Intereo Puteus
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 10:35:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › wanna see a growin man cry...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.