Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Yall remember "Hot Wheels"? (Read 53 times)
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Yall remember "Hot Wheels"?
12/02/13 at 07:15:03

So when I was a wee youngun Hot Wheels die cast toy cars were my favorite toy. I had dozens. I would play with them all day... and pretend that when I got older I would have a real house with dozens of cars.

So... yeah now I am 50 and we just brought home my sons, hand me down car ( he's 16) ... a 1999 Sentra.  So now sitting in the driver over Thanksgiving ( as my daughter was home) is 4 cars. Not a one of them near as sexy as my Hot Wheels. And for good measure is now two motorcycles. Buying these things is not that expensive... its the dern insurance that eating me alive.  A young boys dream realized ( if only they would all turn in to vettes, and mustangs and Benik Bandit and Hot Heap!!)

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Yall remember "Hot Wheels"?
Reply #1 - 12/02/13 at 08:02:58

+1

plan is to retire on my dad's 15 acre ranch and pave my own track.
non-op all but the daily diver/rider

makes sense, HW had their own private track... right?

WWW   IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #2 - 12/02/13 at 08:15:27

Lol, a friend of my brothers had 5 acres given to him buy his dad who owned his own dozing company. He had like 2 large bull dozers, a small bull dozer, and a 10' blade skimmer (grader?) and a few back-hoe tractors.

Well anyway, Gene used his dads equipment and built a dirt track on 4 of the five acres, it had a wooded motorcycle track and a really large oval dirt track. We used to go over there about every other weekend and cut loose. Gene was a freshman in high school when this happened and I was a senior, did this for two years until I joined the military and left... he said he was going to blacktop the track, never did find out if he did it or not.

Great memories..... Smiley

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Reply #3 - 12/02/13 at 08:24:44

To this day I have about three 5 gallon buckets of hot wheels.

And I still have dreams of a full 4 car garage with another 6 cars parked out front, already got my euro sports car (2010 Jetta TDI w/ thunderbunny kit) and my dream truck (2004 Silverado 2500HD crew cab) and two savages so I am well on my way.......to the poor house.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 02:31:59

General CategoryThe Cafe › Yall remember "Hot Wheels"?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.