Send Topic Print
Engine Noise (Read 268 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Engine Noise
Reply #15 - 12/02/13 at 15:59:52

plUG OUT, LEFT SIDE INSPECTION COVER OFF, SOCKET, EXTENSION, RATCHET, OOOps, caplox, sorry.. spin the motor over & see if you feel anything. With the valve adj. covers off, get it to TDC & see what kinda slop is in the rockers. Get a finger on the cam, etc,, just give it a good goin over,, Mite even be a good time to dump the oil into an aluminum pan & go fishing with a magnet..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #16 - 12/06/13 at 19:49:00

I'm going to look at the head and the cam chain in the near future.  Should I get some new gaskets?  Thanks for the insight.

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #17 - 12/06/13 at 20:55:30

If the side cover comes off okay, you wont need a gasket, odds are, it wont. The head cover is just a pookey gasket,, so, just get the right pookey,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
S-P
Serious Thumper

Back in the saddle
again

Phoenix, AZ
Reply #18 - 12/06/13 at 21:00:24

I ordered new gaskets from Parts Fish http://www.partsfish.com/  I'm not sure where they are in the grand scheme of online parts, but they seem to have about everything and I could buy just the gaskets I need instead of a whole kit from Ron Ayers.  They ship in a couple of days so I'd say tear everything down and figure out what you need. Every time you buy something it will cost you 7.00 shipping for each separate order. I could have saved 15.00 if I had waited a day or two into my tear down. We have a REALLY good motorcycle junkyard in Phoenix and I've found all the internal parts I need really cheap.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #19 - 12/06/13 at 21:05:41

How much did ya spend? YOu shouldnt need but the clutch cover gasket,
Last one I got I walked into a shop, not a Suzuki, just a shop,, they have a machine they stick a CD into & a printer lookin thing with a blade that cuts out the gasket. Cost me $14.00, took about 10 minutes,,

IP Logged
S-P
Serious Thumper

Back in the saddle
again

Phoenix, AZ
Reply #20 - 12/06/13 at 21:15:00

I found a shop here that does the computer gasket trick for about 18.00 but I'd have to drive across town (no such thing as a short quick trip in Phoenix). I think I got it online for about 17.00 but I bought a Raptor petcock and a couple other things and shipping was 6.95 for the bunch. When I pulled the clutch and stator sides both gaskets were trashed. From my VW days I'm not a big fan of re-using gaskets even if they look OK, they always seemed to leak.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #21 - 12/06/13 at 21:17:38

I know nothing of Phoenix, but if its even close to a trip across Dallas, Id pay $20.00 to avoid a trip across. You cant get in a wreck ordering from home.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #22 - 12/06/13 at 21:19:32

JOG, not sure if you were referring to my post or the one before.  I haven't bought anything yet.  If it doesn't cost to much I'd assume line up everything that I know I'll need.  Regardless, thanks for the help.

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #23 - 12/06/13 at 21:46:40

Was talkin to SP..

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #24 - 12/06/13 at 22:52:39

I'm a big factory gasket fan... (after recent e-bay custom cut fiasco.. cuts nice, ...material sucks)...
For a difference of ten bucks,.. you can save a lot of repeats...

...and I'm the cheapest guy you'll ever meet...
...(I reuse,.. tinfoil)... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #25 - 12/07/13 at 02:27:53

Serowbot wrote on 12/06/13 at 22:52:39:
I'm a big factory gasket fan... (after recent e-bay custom cut fiasco.. cuts nice, ...material sucks)...

(I reuse,.. tinfoil)...

DUDE! Dont DO That! Its protective qualities degrade! You can wear it Inside the house or car for 2 days, MAX!,, Outside, unprotected, its not good for more than 8 hours, tops.. ( no pun intended)

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #26 - 12/07/13 at 02:39:18

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/07/13 at 02:27:53:
Serowbot wrote on 12/06/13 at 22:52:39:

(I reuse,.. tinfoil)...

DUDE! Dont DO That! Its protective qualities degrade! You can wear it Inside the house or car for 2 days, MAX!,, Outside, unprotected, its not good for more than 8 hours, tops.. ( no pun intended)

Not the heavy duty industrial grade Reynolds..... it will last like 12 hours outside and 3 days inside....and if you double fold with the reflective side out, you can squeak an extra day and yer hat still can't be penetrated.. Cheesy

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #27 - 12/07/13 at 02:57:36

Well, Yea, thats all true enough, BUT, we all know what a cheapskate Rowboat is,, so we know he is usin the cheapest tin foil made,,
Im just tryin to help the guy, man,, I cant change the fact that he is a ( literally) terminal cheapskate.

IP Logged
S-P
Serious Thumper

Back in the saddle
again

Phoenix, AZ
Reply #28 - 12/07/13 at 07:48:26

I buy the industrial restaurant rolls of tin foil at Costco because I have a big head.  Those short grocery store rolls of foil were breakin' me....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #29 - 12/07/13 at 09:43:05

We truly are bunch O crazies.. & BTW, I actually do get the restaurant roll from Sams. Lots better deal,,& we buy TP & Paper towels by the case there. IN Fact, its time to restock,,its just a bad time to peel that $$$ out,.,

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 06:26:58

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Engine Noise

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.