Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Doing a RYCa and want different fr fender (Read 49 times)
randyradio

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Doing a RYCa and want different fr fender
11/28/13 at 09:27:55

Hi Gang  I've been lurking for a few yrs here and bought an 04 Savage and it's now being done with the RYCA kit.  Need some ideas for a different front fender.  What will fit it?  I would like to find some barend mirrors with LED turnsignals right in them.  Seen Any?  Any RYCA folks near Jacksonville FL?  I have two brothers just retired from the USMC building mine and it will be powder coated at Badfish Powder Coat in JAX.  

The frame will be done in Bentley Burgandy a deep deep dark wine color.  that's gonna pop.

Ideas and pics email me at ashurst1 at comcast.net
Randy

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Doing a RYCa and want different fr fender
Reply #1 - 11/28/13 at 11:47:24

I am not sure that anything will just bolt on.....but there are plenty of possible donors.  The Harley Sportster fenders might work if you find one for a 18/19" wheel.  If you look on eBay for "Cafe' Fender" there are lots of potential fenders.

For mine I plan on using a plain steel fender similar to what Triumphs would use...but but shorter and mounted to the bottom of the TKAT brace.  I should be able to get it done in the next month or two...shopping for a reasonably priced fender right now.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
randyradio

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 11/28/13 at 12:05:46

Dave thanks for the info.  I just emailed the TKAT guy and hope he's still doing them.  I like that idea of using a fender mounted to the fork brace.  That's great.  
grazi.  Is Tkat's email still: Tkat@Tkat.com?  That's what I found on this site.
Randy

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 01/02/14 at 10:54:41

Not sure how far along you are with your fender - here is what I ended up with.  It is an old Wassel Fender made for British bikes, mounted to the bottom of the TKAT.

Here are some options as well.  You need to check the spacing between the fender mounts on the fork.  You can add some spacers if need be, or you may be able to trim a fit of - as long as the fender does not hit the wider part of the forks where the slider and seals are located.

http://www.hotwingglass.com/lights/fenders.shtml
« Last Edit: 01/03/14 at 09:36:42 by Dave »  

IMG_1066.JPG

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 02:35:49

General CategoryThe Cafe › Doing a RYCa and want different fr fender

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.