Garage heater  =/ (Read 147 times)
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Re: Garage heater  =/
Reply #15 - 12/01/13 at 05:24:49

Thanks JOG,  I like the idea of being able to move the propane tank one around too.  That might be the way to go, I'll try it out and if it's not warm enough then address closing off the one bay  Wink

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 12/01/13 at 06:51:03

Ive got the base off a wet/dry vac I mount mine on. I gotta get it outta the storage building & tie that dude down,It has a "leash", I can tug it around, gotta be cool with it, cant let that heater crash..
I thot about hanging one O those big Infra Red jobbies, About $400.00 for the unit.. Hafta run the line & then pay out the nose for all the gas that thing would go thru warming that shop.. I cant do it,,This isnt "living room" comfort. Gotta stay dressed up, but it makes being comfortable possible when misery would be the way it is w/o that heater.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #17 - 12/01/13 at 07:56:38

Hey JOG,

How long does that thing run on a tank of gas?  What kind of BTU output?

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 12/01/13 at 09:33:40

Ya know, I really dont know how many hours it takes to burn a tank off.. I fill it myself & never get it full. I only run the heat off & on & dont keep a record..BUT,, I can say thins,, Its not a heavy user. Id say it uses less per hour than the grill with just 2 burners lit. The grill has 4,, It can suck some gas down,As for BTU's, ehh, Here, this is the one I got, looks likeothers of higher BTU output are out there,, BUT, slightly more heat, Quite a bit more coin..

Catch that? BIT/Coin,, thot Id slip that in for the folks..
http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_26019_-1...

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
keith pearson
YaBB Newbies

ancient biker

Reply #19 - 12/02/13 at 11:11:24

I was in a garage once where they had a heater that ran off old SUMP OIL,  perhaps even cooking oil as well.    being a  service business meant heating cost nothing.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 04:22:46

General CategoryThe Cafe › Garage heater  =/

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.