Milton Friedman (Read 45 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Milton Friedman
11/24/13 at 10:48:04

On Phil Donahue

If youre not a Libertarian, listen to this, If you are, listen anyway,, It is heart warming,,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvNzi7tmkx0

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Re: Milton Friedman
Reply #1 - 11/24/13 at 12:53:31

Its an older video but what Friedman says is timeless. He talks about mandatory emission systems on cars in the 80's. All the car company's did was place a fresh air pump that pumped fresh air into the exhaust system so the percentage of emissions would be lower. You were still putting out the same amount of pollution it just read a lower percentage. Of course I disconnected my system because it robbed you of 5 or 10 hp. Thats for those of you too young to remember the 80's. The video is definitely worth watching.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #2 - 11/25/13 at 07:21:42

Yep my pinto had a "Thermactor" ...

The hype was that the air pump would pume fresh O2 to the cat.. where unburned fuel would then ignite and burn there.  From what I gather... mostly, pumping fresh O2 into the exhaust diluted the emissions making them pass inspection.

My 1976 Pinto Runabout had one. I actually liked that little car. Even raced it in SCCA events.  Never could destroy the engine nor tranny ( C4).

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 11/25/13 at 08:04:58

There are other interviews on YOu Tube. They guy is smart & I even enjoy his voice & style of delivery. Ill be lissnin to everything I  can find by him,
YOu guys who believe the BS about the fed & how our system is just all good need to listen real bad,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #4 - 11/25/13 at 08:06:50

Pine I also had a Pinto. Great little car. Put over 100,000 miles on it and the timing belt broke which was my fault.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 11/25/13 at 08:51:32

I ran around with a guy who had a yellow wagon,, We virtually lived in it once for about 6 weeks. I had a blast hangin with that guy,He was older, I had never done much in the way of travel w/o a real destination, Dang car developed a Nasty quirk,, it would die in a left turn, WE never did figure it out,, it just finally stopped doing that. Now, granted, it was 77 or 78, so, Austin wasnt too big yet, but havin a car just shut off in a left turn is no good. You had to set up so that you had speed to get across if it died OR, traffic so far off that If it died you could stick it in Neutral & re-fire it before they mashed ya..It only did that nasty truck a few weeks,,
Once we got to Mobile we discovered there was a shortage of Pinto gas caps. I figure theres some jerk in Mobile with a garage full of Pinto gas caps. YOu couldnt go in a store for 15 minutes & not come out to a car missing the gas cap.WE finally bought one, it lasted less than a day. So, we would scout for a pinto & swipe one,, weird game,,we didnt start it,,I was glad to leave Mobile,

If you believe in the current system, watch Friedman, If you dont believe in it, watch FRiedman, he will give you comfort that youre not crazy & hand you tools to help the deceived.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/30/24 at 22:58:27

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Milton Friedman

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.