Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Gasket suggestions (Read 68 times)
NHLycan

Nice forum!

New Hampshire
Gasket suggestions
11/21/13 at 18:09:15

I'm about to drop in my new Verslagin can tensioner. It occurred to me to ask, what's the best gasket material for the crank case cover? Anyone have a feel? Blue silicone? Paper? Metal to metal?

New Hampshire. 2003 SL650. 13k miles. Raptor installed. Versy adjuster. Rotella 6 w/zinc. Idle mix plug out. Seat front up 1". Owned since July 2013. Mechanically inclined. Better cook than mechanic.
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Re: Gasket suggestions
Reply #1 - 11/21/13 at 18:27:12

"Best" would be a new OEM gasket. If you don't want to do that my suggestion would be Hondabond or something similar. Some people like RTV -"blue silicone"- I'm not gonna recommend that. IMO it sucks.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 11/22/13 at 05:59:10

Buy a new factory gasket before you take things apart.  It is the "best' thing to use.....and it does not need any sealer.  I would loosen and clean the neutruel light wire grommet.....and a small layer of sealer on that plug is not a bad idea.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 11/22/13 at 07:45:43

Use only the factory gasket... not some aftermarket gasket gasket off e-bay...
Trust me,... I know... (it wasn't fun)... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
NHLycan

Nice forum!

New Hampshire
Reply #4 - 11/22/13 at 10:14:47

Thank you gents. I will order it today and try not to die waiting the 5 business days.

New Hampshire. 2003 SL650. 13k miles. Raptor installed. Versy adjuster. Rotella 6 w/zinc. Idle mix plug out. Seat front up 1". Owned since July 2013. Mechanically inclined. Better cook than mechanic.
  IP Logged
NHLycan

Nice forum!

New Hampshire
Reply #5 - 11/28/13 at 20:57:18

Installed the Versy adjuster today and the crank gasket was in too ice a shape for me to want to pull it. I did add some Hondabond at the wore port though, so thank you for that advice.
Filled her back up with oil. Tomorrow I hit VIP some high temp anti seize and hope to have her back together for Sunday. You guys are life savers. Thanks for everything.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 08:25:19

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Gasket suggestions

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.