Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Seriously,... be prepared... no, seriously... (Read 216 times)
RatdogWillie
Serious Thumper

Nostalgia isn't what
it used to be...

Johnstown, PA.
Re: Seriously,... be prepared... no, seriously...
Reply #15 - 11/23/13 at 15:16:19

Batteries, toilet paper, shovel, hand saw, playing cards, can openers, candles, lots of matches, pretty/fun woman.

What was the best thing before sliced bread?
Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot them?
How is it possible to have a civil war?
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #16 - 11/23/13 at 17:00:17

You’d better realize that and you better prepare for what’s coming, because inevitably, when this Ponzi scheme of stealing from our future in order to pay for fraudulence now comes to an end it is going to lead to the largest financial collapse this planet has ever seen… and most people will be blindsided by it.

Read more: http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/11/prepare-whats-coming-largest-financial-coll...

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
45acp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

on a shooting range in OK.
Reply #17 - 11/26/13 at 07:55:31

i think a good bycycle is a necessary emergency equipment. you dont have to spend $1000 bucks on one. just have one thats not a rust pile in the back yard. they dont use fuel, and you can move about almost unnoticed. you might not always want to fire up the savage just to go look around. i also have chickens. i figure an egg a day will be worth its weight in gold during the apocalypse. oh yeah. get some seeds too. even if you just plant in a planter on the porch. you could also use them as a trading tool. just a few things i could think of that havent been mentioned.

shoot fast. reload faster.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 11/27/13 at 06:05:25

A bicycle is a great point. Simple emergency transportation.
Cabelas has a $500 old style mini-bike advertised for Black Friday with a couple of racks welded to the frame. For some reason, I think this might a handy toy to stick in the shed. Sure you could pick up a used one two.

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #19 - 11/27/13 at 21:30:59

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #20 - 11/27/13 at 22:32:09

I have a bicycle... it's just that I neglect it so much, the tires and tubes keep rotting off...
...(I really need to get riding more regularly)...

A mini-bike?... naaa... they aren't much more efficient than a Savage...
I've thought about a 50cc 4 stroke moped type machine... something resembling a Honda Cub,... but, again,.. it don't do much that a Savage won't... (and I wouldn't ride it enough to keep it running)...

I'm gonna' get tires and tubes for my pedal bike...

I'll promise myself to keep up with it... ride it a few times... and watch the tires rot off again...
Maybe I'll paint it flat black (it's orange with spatters now)...
Maybe I'd ride a flat black one more... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #21 - 11/28/13 at 02:58:09

I end up giving my bicycles away to the nephews to go to work on, and they keep destroying them, about every 2 years. So I stopped buying bicycles and they walk to work or take a bus, uncle bill ain't supporting 30year old loosers anymore.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 11/28/13 at 06:23:03

Probably the best to get foe small transportation is one of the top 10 all time great bikes with two wheels and a motor, the Honda Trail 70. Can't believe I let mine go ......  Most fun on two except the time me and a girl ......etc.....

I want one again. Actually, I want both of those things again now that I think about it.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #23 - 11/28/13 at 10:24:36

Serowbot wrote on 11/27/13 at 22:32:09:
I have a bicycle... it's just that I neglect it so much, the tires and tubes keep rotting off...
...(I really need to get riding more regularly)...

A mini-bike?... naaa... they aren't much more efficient than a Savage...
I've thought about a 50cc 4 stroke moped type machine... something resembling a Honda Cub,... but, again,.. it don't do much that a Savage won't... (and I wouldn't ride it enough to keep it running)...

I'm gonna' get tires and tubes for my pedal bike...

I'll promise myself to keep up with it... ride it a few times... and watch the tires rot off again...
Maybe I'll paint it flat black (it's orange with spatters now)...
Maybe I'd ride a flat black one more... Huh...

YOu need one O these..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #24 - 11/28/13 at 20:10:45

All you need is a tall cliff........leaping like lemmings. Grin

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #25 - 11/28/13 at 22:40:17

This would come in handy if you had gas......well and if power generating were still possible.

http://www.harborfreight.com/900-peak800-running-watts-2-hp-63cc-gas-generato...

Its a black Friday special

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #26 - 11/29/13 at 00:53:19

Ive got one thatll pull the major appliances & some lites,,IN the process of converting it to propane,,Got it several years ago, power had been out for 3 days, wanna say Hurricane Ike,,went to Sears, bought the last generator they had that was of a decent size, got home & Violas! POwer was on,, BUt, Ive used it here a few times, storms knock trees across lines, we have had power off 2 days a few times here,,not much lately, tho.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
45acp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

on a shooting range in OK.
Reply #27 - 11/29/13 at 19:43:26

i tried the 50cc convert a bike to a moped kit. didnt work. well it worked for about a week. i was riding it to work one morning in the dark. the engine mounts ripped off the engine and the whole thing slapped my leg wrapped up the chain and brought me to a dead stop. tore up the bike pretty good, but it was just a junker for the expirement. pretty scary though in the dark. thought for a second it was a badger the way it was growling. it was fun while it was going though.

shoot fast. reload faster.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #28 - 11/30/13 at 05:36:18

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/29/13 at 00:53:19:
Ive got one thatll pull the major appliances & some lites,,IN the process of converting it to propane,,Got it several years ago, power had been out for 3 days, wanna say Hurricane Ike,,went to Sears, bought the last generator they had that was of a decent size, got home & Violas! POwer was on,, BUt, Ive used it here a few times, storms knock trees across lines, we have had power off 2 days a few times here,,not much lately, tho.

Yup, I got a great big roll-a-round one that can power a house....but the smaller advertised one only weighs in at about 30lbs and you can take it anywhere cause of its size. Good for a bug-out type generator, or for camping. Smiley

Couldn't stand it..... ordered the little 63cc one from harbor freight...$101.00 with shipping. Now I got a camping/tailgating generator.

« Last Edit: 12/01/13 at 12:02:32 by old_rider »  

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/30/24 at 22:50:52

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Seriously,... be prepared... no, seriously...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.