Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Registries and Databases (Read 53 times)
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Registries and Databases
11/20/13 at 09:25:09

I had an interesting thought while browsing on VolusiaRiders.com

This cat, Skrapion (I guess he used to be over here), posted all his stats on Obamacare when he signed up.
I originally copied and pasted them here.
(The thing you have to sign up for, by law. Forced. Coerced, even)

Now he has health care and wanted to remove himself from the Obamacare database.
This thread came up discussing a hacker group that broke into Obamacare's servers...

[QUOTE=Skrapiron]Great. So all of my personal and financial records are vulnerable? I think the feds owe me a 5 year subscription to LifeLock, since they won't delete my information even though I dropped my exchange elections... [/quote]

So if they make you sign up... enforce it under a law... and then don't remove you...
Couldn't you argue they are creating a database?

--Steve

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Registries and Databases
Reply #1 - 11/21/13 at 06:50:42

Couldn't you argue they are creating a database?

Do you need to argue that a stop sign is a stop sign?

Heeeeres the deal,,

YOu give someone all your data.
Situation changes, you no longer need the product that required you give them your data.
YOu drop them as a supplier
BUT
They Keep all your data..

Data Base.....

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #2 - 11/21/13 at 08:47:23

My understanding:
even before Obamacare and many of the NSA leaks...

If you give any personal info to a third party, you forefiet your right to privacy of that data "as far as federal entities are concerned". They can force the third party to release the data to them, and there is no recourse.  This is old news.

Now regards to Obmacare. What IS NEW and news, is that insureance is required ( or you pay a fine) and that most/many will eventually being using the insurance marketplace. Built into the law governeing the market place is basically "pre-emtive" searching of the data for what-ever purposes any federal entity wants. So it not new they will snoop, what is new they will require you to submit the data.

AND>>>> you have to supply the data BEFORE they will show you anything!

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #3 - 11/21/13 at 09:29:52

As far as data bases go... you are on one no matter what you think. Ever go to a hospital? have a phone? get electric/gas? pay taxes? have kids that went to school? ever gotten a loan? have money in a bank? have a credit card?(worse one) have insurance (second worse one)

Online???

If you give any institution information, you are required by law to sign a release or press the "I accept" button. Now go in and read the End User Agreement or the I accept rules and regs.

Every company has "third party" information that they release to their "affiliates", those affiliates are 90% likely to be a sales organization or advertisement organization that will pass your information to every "third party" that they have, your information is EVERYWHERE.

Why do you think you keep receiving all those applications for credit cards, VA loans or off the wall vacation companies?
I have a buddy that thinks he is "off the grid", he has a burner cell phone. I asked him if he receives junk mail in his mail box with his name on it? he said yes, I asked him how did they get his name and address?
He also has had surgery ect.... all the above.

And by law.... congress passed it.... every licensed company in the U.S. has to release any or all information to the offices of the US Gov. when the gov asks for it, no questions asked.
If you live in this country you will ALWAYS be subject to no privacy from the government.
How do you think they are going to protect you if they don't know who your neighbors REALLY are?
Its just a morality question on how those companies and the government use our information. And we all know how the morality of this country has gone down hill since the 60's. Sad

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #4 - 11/21/13 at 10:19:42

Morality was sooooo good in the 60's??   Paaaaleeeze!  Do you remember when we met..we had segregation, a Gulf of Tonkin real=solution so we could go to war, a President was assinated, as was a contender..and half the songs were about knifing and killing each, when young' ens weren't throwing "things" off the Tallahachee bridge. Grin Grin Grin Grin

You could kill a Commie for Christ, but step over the homeless man sleeping on the sidewalks of New York.  Catholics need not go into the heartland..yeah..them were the good old days...coat hanger abortions (or European culture trips of the wealthy)..the list goes on and on.  No, I'd rather be here today than the 60's (Jaguar and Lotus, Triumph and BSA notwithstanding). Cool

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #5 - 11/21/13 at 10:24:20

As far as NSA is concerned, you know they went hog wild in the Bush Administration.  When I was in Puerto Rico monitoring Cuban Fishing fleets and camouflaged Soviet sub tenders radio signals, I got politely reamed out for allowing a dittybopper (morse code intercept guy) to practice his skills on an intercept of a US civilian pleasure craft (I was destroying the info as he handed it to me).  Sorry folks, but if you send on the airwaves, its outthere. And as for protecting your SSN, try getting a doctor to provide services without giving him yours. Embarrassed
Of course we have judicial oversight, which cannot be reviewed and the Supremes have decided not to hear a case regarding the judicial review. Ho Ho Ho.

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #6 - 11/21/13 at 15:12:37

LOL, I said "since the 60's", guess I shoulda said "after the 50's"

Didn't really matter to me tho, cause I was in a poor family with 14 kids and no permanent daddy and a mom who took us to the bar when she went to  drink, cause the older kids couldn't be trusted to watch me (5 yr old) and my 1 year old brother.
Hell, I have aunts and uncles 10 years younger than me.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/02/24 at 21:34:08

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Registries and Databases

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.