Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Help with saddlebags install and rear turn signals (Read 103 times)
goofballs
YaBB Newbies

Ride Safe!

Torrance, CA
Help with saddlebags install and rear turn signals
11/19/13 at 19:59:30

I just bought a new pair of Viking saddlebags for my 2013 Suzuki Boulevard S40.  I consulted Viking Bags and even measured the area for the bags.  However, when I received them I am finding they don't fit as I thought.  THey will not fit between the suspension and the rear.  I can put them behind the suspension but then the cover can't open as the rear turn signal is above the cover.

Does anybody have any suggestions?  Is there a way to move the rear turn signals to a better location or buy lower profile turn signals?

I really like the bags and would like to find a way to make them work

WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Help with saddlebags install and rear turn sig
Reply #1 - 11/19/13 at 20:22:00

WWW   IP Logged
twelveport

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 11/20/13 at 03:32:17

I also just bought bags from Viking, I found out that they are really Willie G bags and the support rods are the generic multi-purpuse rods in the Willie G catalog. They will not work. You have to buy the Suzukie support rods, 99.95. Mine will be delivered today. You have to move the tail lights to the license plate bracket, which Viking knows you need and will not send them unless you ask for them. Then the Suzukie lights will not work  on them you have to buy lights of your liking. I ordered lights from Amazon.com they are from Bikers Choice so still waiting to see how they are. Viking Bags suck and wants you to pay shipping back to get a refund. $25.00 to ship to you and $25.00 to ship back, $50.00 wasted money. Viking Bags Sucks.

IP Logged
twelveport

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 11/20/13 at 15:38:32

I just got in the Suzuki saddlebag supports. They fit perfectly! I did have to shorten the long bolts by about 3/8 of an inch. It also helps to raise the bike so the rear tire is off the ground to give clearance to get your arm/hand over the tire from the back to install the bolts. Yes I would recommend these to a friend.  Cool

IP Logged
Joe F

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 11/27/13 at 08:21:52

I got some German side rails ebay.  They have tail inch light extensions on them that move the tail lights back a couple inches. A ridiculously expensive solution but they look great. http://joe-freeman-personal.blogspot.com/2012/09/european-parts-on-us-suzuki-...

IP Logged
frid
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 11/27/13 at 11:31:53

maybe a good place to look is utube . see if any video's
will  help you see what others have done

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 19:25:32

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Help with saddlebags install and rear turn signals

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.