Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
no spark! (Read 13 times)
keith pearson
YaBB Newbies

ancient biker

no spark!
11/19/13 at 15:06:41

I am building a  custom bike with a Savage engine - I think it's an early engine , the serial number is   P401-106734.  I wired it all up, and had it running .   I now have the tank etc all fitted, so I tried it again - but this time, NO spark. It has a new coil and a new ECU.  I have an idea what might have gone wrong, perhaps a loose connection - but when wiring up, I wired a  lead from the ignitor to the starter solenoid as shown in the diagrams, BUT it only started while the starter motor  ran!   so I wired that lead to another power source and it ran OK.  But I don't like the idea that I have in reality not wired it right, and now it won't go.     I intend to re-wire the whole ignition now. I tested the coil, it is OK, so now I will try to test the ignitor.    any ideas please?

IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Re: no spark!
Reply #1 - 11/19/13 at 15:31:34

If you wired it so there was always power to the ignitor, it probably overheated and died.  They are bad about that if powered and the bike isn't running.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 10:26:32

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › no spark!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.