Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What fun! (Read 128 times)
Ragnar444

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

What fun!
11/13/13 at 19:04:23

Week one into my retirement project and I had to stop and take a breather. This has to be the most fun I've had in a long while.

new2.jpg
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Re: What fun!
Reply #1 - 11/13/13 at 19:15:57

Wow, I hope you live where you can ride at this time of year....cause it looks like in one more week it will be painted, lubed, oiled and ready to be ridden!

Nice work, I like the lines Smiley

Darn it bubba, how'd you get that thar thumper up on that high dive?
Grin Grin

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Ragnar444

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 11/13/13 at 19:46:05

I live in western Washington where, if it is not raining or below freezing, it is scenic place to ride. I just placed most of the parts in this image to see how they would look. I'm a long, long, way from cracking the throttle for the first time. :-D

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 11/13/13 at 20:25:12

If you can swing it,, maybe youd enjoy a Ninja 250 or dual purpose bike. YOu can always sell when you get that on the road..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #4 - 11/13/13 at 20:29:09

No,no,no..... not a ninja 250, a ninja 300!! mine is a blast!! well a 250 would be cheaper and they are a little fun too, but they are carbed, were as the 300 is fuel injected..... not sure if you can find any used 300's but look around, they surely should be about 3.5-4k, new they are 5.5k

Really low geared tho...both of them...and top speed is only about 95mph, but they are really fun in the twisties because they weigh next to nothing.   Grin Grin

Or you could get a Yamaha WR250X and put some dual sport tires on it, as it only weighs like 285 lbs.

I've owned all three, and I would be torn between the 300 ninja and the WR250X...

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Ragnar444

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 11/13/13 at 21:14:09

For some reason I need a nap after reading those last two comments...

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #6 - 11/14/13 at 06:37:04

Ragnar444

Looks great....and they are a lot of fun to work on and build.  The the even more fun comes when you get to ride it!

It looks like the gap/seam between your seat and side panels is very close.....maybe they are not permanently mounted.  The seat panel is very flexible at the front sides, and when you sit on the seat the panels flex down and can rub on the panels.  I found this out while mine is still in primer, and I was able to add some fiberglass (Kitty Hair) to the bottom of the seat panel to build it up flat so that it would rest firmly on the metal support for the seat pan.  This cut way down on the flex and it no longer rubs.

Here is a link to my build, and the seat reinforcement is on Page 9.  Unfortunately I did not take "after" pictures of the flat bottom.
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1358099938/120

Dave

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #7 - 11/14/13 at 06:51:10

Ragnar444 wrote on 11/13/13 at 19:46:05:
I live in western Washington where, if it is not raining or below freezing, it is scenic place to ride. I just placed most of the parts in this image to see how they would look. I'm a long, long, way from cracking the throttle for the first time. :-D

What part, I grew up there, moved back to TN in 3/11 after being back in western WA from 10/01. Lisa hates it down here, still misses our home in Buckley and "her" volcano... Mt Rainier.

I put 44K miles on my 99 VN800A in 18 months and never left Pierce and King counties with it. In fact, never took it north of Kent or south of Graham...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Ragnar444

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 11/14/13 at 11:24:57

I live on the Kitsap peninsula, north of Tacoma, love it here...
I'm thinking of using vinyl or rubber trim around the edge of the fiberglass seat, similar to the trim Ryca supplies with their kit to go around the speedo hole in the gas tank. Hopefully it will stop any squeaks between between the seat and the side panels.

IP Logged
Rix

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 11/14/13 at 15:31:11

Ragnar444 wrote on 11/13/13 at 19:46:05:

I'm in Tacoma.

2013 BOULEVARD S40/LS650 ALL STOCK
1982 HONDA MB5 WITH MODS
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #10 - 11/14/13 at 18:22:06

Well your certainly not taking your time
on this project, are you?
Were neighbors I do believe by the way.
Are you in Bremerton or Gig Harbor?
I am in Belfair.
Small world it is...
Keep the pics coming on your project.
The weather is not going to be too nice
for riding for the next couple days.. Smiley kim

IP Logged
Ragnar444

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 11/15/13 at 12:00:07

Nice to meet you Kim. I live near Silverdale. This picture I took is a little deceiving. The header, muffler, gas tank, and seat assembly were all just placed on the bike to see how it looks. I do need to slow down though, it is supposed to be my Winter project and Fall is only half over!

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #12 - 11/15/13 at 23:20:07

Silverdale? I've been tossed out of a few watering holes in that neck of the woods...

I'm from Graham/Spanaway originally... went to high school in Tacoma (Bellarmine Prep). Have the dubious distinction of getting tossed out of WSU...  Roll Eyes

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #13 - 11/16/13 at 07:21:15

WD!,, YOU? Tossed out? Ohh,, I cant imagine how such a conformist as yourself could ever ruffle feathers,, Ohh NO,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 06:28:56

General CategoryThe Cafe › What fun!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.