Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Language programs.... which to use to learn (Read 41 times)
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Language programs.... which to use to learn
11/13/13 at 10:30:37

Thinking of buying Rosetta Stone to learn a new language, probably Spanish/Mexican or possibly Phillipino/Tagali . I currently cannot work with my health issues, but have been improving enough to know that with my health curve increasing I will most likely be back to work next year, although at a lesser paying job.

I've heard that Rosetta although expensive is the best way....anyone else experience an easier one? or one that a 54 year old with short term memory issues might learn with tons of repetitive listening?

I would like to be able to put "speaks more than one language" on my next job app in hopes that maybe, just maybe, I will get a little better pay.

I am also playing with Linux a little to try to improve my computer skills area, if I learn to use it, maybe it also will help.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Re: Language programs.... which to use to learn
Reply #1 - 11/14/13 at 00:11:48

Guten morgan! Ma nom ist Brad! Grin Wink

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #2 - 11/14/13 at 06:25:30

http://learn-spanish-software-review.toptenreviews.com/
I too am looking to learn another language- Italian. In my research I found this site. I checked out Spanish for you.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 11/14/13 at 07:00:42

If I wanted to learn a language for a better resume then Spanish would be my choice.  There are plenty of Spanish speaking people being serviced by medical facilities and various government offices.

People who know about language training software tell me that Rosetta Stone is the way to go.  

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #4 - 11/15/13 at 01:24:53

Anywhere you live in the US (short of New England, I assume) Spanish will get you a long way. Florida has been "essentially spanish" since its discovery.

Once you learn Spanish, Italian and Portuguese are little more than a fancy holiday read  Wink.

All three languages provide tons of interesting, amusing, fun literature.
Also, these three languages evolved into their modern form centuries before English, so that reading a novel in the "original 1680 text" is actually quite simple.

French is also related, but grammar and pronounciation are much more sophisticated (= unnecessarily tweaky  Cheesy )
Moreover, Victor Hugo's "Les Miserables" will enlighten you no better than Charles Dickens' novels...  Embarrassed

PS If you want to study Spanish, please be aware that true Spanish is called "Castellano" and that pronounciation is a bit more sophisticated than tex-mex "Chicano"  Wink

Claro che si !!!  Grin

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 06:29:49

General CategoryThe Cafe › Language programs.... which to use to learn

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.