Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The guy who bought my S-40 (Read 133 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
The guy who bought my S-40
11/12/13 at 19:20:08

is already lookin to sell & wants something bigger,, Mind you,, he is on the first bike he has ridden, I DO believe,, could be wrong, but I think thats what he said.. IDK how many miles he has on it, but theyre all "rubber side down". I say Congratulations there.. Ohh, he dropped in on wet grass, but come on,,the first few days, he didnt want on the road, & moms yard is not exactly flat,,Anyway, hes lookin at the 800 Suzuki,, 2008 model I think he said,, So, anyone with anything to grumble about regarding those bikes, please speak up. Pro? Toss that out,, I kinda wonder what the extra weight with a Whopping 150 CC increase means for performance,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Re: The guy who bought my S-40
Reply #1 - 11/12/13 at 19:34:35

My buddy Kevin has an 800 Intruder, its an 87, starter grinds a bit and the battery dies every once in awhile. But its an 87 and he is always riding it, dang thing has tons of torq., he's always burning rubber...LOL.
He has had it under an overhang here in florida since it was purchased, was his dads, dad gave it to him 20+ years ago.
Tank is a bit small, he always had to fill up before me, but I have always had 4+ gallon tanks on long rides and he was always going balls to the wall.
It handled ok in the curves of the dragon 3 years ago, and I have never seen him have a problem with it.
Just an outsiders view of someones Intruder Cool

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #2 - 11/12/13 at 19:46:51

Thanks for the reply, but I wonder how the 87 & 08 or 9 compare.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #3 - 11/12/13 at 20:03:15

I rode my sons. Its a good bike but nothing special. Wouldnt be my first choice. Big Suzuki Cruisers are not for me. It seems very little thought goes into the design. I hope he learns to ride the Savage before he steps up. A Honda Spirit is a well thought out bike and everyone is aware of Honda's reputation. Might be my first choice.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #4 - 11/12/13 at 20:24:48

If he was looking to upgrade, he should at least look at the spirit or shadows, the 750 shadows are cheap on the used market and the 1000's are the same size but better on the freeway.
Not sure how big the kid is but the VTX's are not a bad choice either and they are made for the long haul.

The wife sat on one, but they are a bit on the heavy side for her... she is 5'1" and weighs about 110lbs and turns 50 this year....

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 11/12/13 at 20:41:10

Ohh, yea, I forgot to include the guys size,, I mean, I KNOW how big the dude, is,, I mean,, he is a Big man,, Id bet his shadow weighs close to 10 pounds,, Im 5'6" & if I was 3 feet from him Id be lookin dang near straight up to talk to him, & he aint no petite thing, either,, Dang if I know what he weighs, but if he ever wanted something thatd go from zero to 250 in under 5 seconds, all hed need is a set of scales Id bet,,

His mom is my neighbor, so, he'll read this & come visit me,, If yall never hear from me again & you hear someone stepped on my feet & pulled my head off,, He Did IT!

Sorry Terry,, if youre a svelte 220,, well, hey,, whats 30 pounds, huh?
Gimme a break,, No, wait,, scratch that,, Dont give me a break,,

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 11/12/13 at 21:39:57

I bet it's harder to lift off wet grass,... but that don't sound like it will be a problem...
Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Reply #7 - 11/13/13 at 06:41:35

If he is interested in getting a Suzuki 800,have him check out http://www.intruderalert.com/cafe/index.cfm?page=home
The Intruder/S50 and the Volusia/C50 have the same size engine but are totally different beasts when it comes to performance.

As far as the battery on the Intruder, one needs to use star washers on the battery terminals to keep the connections tight. I did that along with putting an AGM battery in mine. I have a 1988 Intruder 750.

The C50 is under-powered for its size and the S50 is about the same as the S40 when it comes to ride comfort, both bikes benefit from forward controls.

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #8 - 11/13/13 at 06:54:38

The VS/S is THE worst motorcycle ever put out by the J.A. Pan Company Inc. Period. In essence, a bored out first generation Honda VT500 Shadow, with a bad electrical system and garbage carburetors.

The Volusia/C50 is a bit gutless, but at least it is semi-comfortable.

The LC1500 was decent enough. The C90 is alright. The Marauder 1500 was great, it was a rebadged Kawasaki Mean Streak with an ugly headlight swapped on.

If the guy is that large, steer him toward the bigger Kaws. Anvil reliable except for the VN1500A, the dorky looking one with exposed airpods at the steering head and a 1970s Sportster front fender.

Best part of the IntruderAlert forum is the Back Room section...  Roll Eyes

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Blinky-FSO
Serious Thumper

Three Eyes Are
Better Than Two

Kentucky
Reply #9 - 11/13/13 at 16:06:15

JOG
I moved to a used 2007 C50 this spring from the S40 and have about 4,500 miles on it so far. If he can handle the S40, he can handle the C50. Acceleration is about the same. It handles very well and seems very light on it's feet. It does loose some punch above 70 and would not be a great choice if he plans on doing long Interstate runs.

No real major issues. Typical Suzuki build quality. The lube on the drive shaft splines needs to be checked. It seems Suzuki sent some out dry from the factory. Great support on volusiariders.com.
Lots of bike for the bucks if you watch for the deals.

Keep us posted

2007 S40 (Sold)
2007 C50 (Sold)
1992 Honda GL1500
2014 Honda CTX700N
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #10 - 11/13/13 at 16:22:17

JOG, if he's a big fella and wants a big bike... I have a roadglide i'm selling, I might take off a little of the price for a trade in plus cash.

add:

What did yours look like?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 11/13/13 at 18:35:48

White 2005, dent on L/side of tank where my knee halted its acceleration toward pavement when I ( OOOPS!) parked downhill & in neutral.. I wish I had been further from it when I saw it move, then it woulda messed up stuff I could easily & cheaply replace.. Has a Supertrapp, well tuned, runs good, gave me 49 MPG,,

WEll,, looka whut I found!  Dave has it,, Add some blue to the header & slap a fork brace,,

Ooops forgot it..

« Last Edit: 11/14/13 at 19:09:03 by justin_o_guy2 »  

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 06:29:31

General CategoryThe Cafe › The guy who bought my S-40

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.