xoxoxo Smiley kim

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Re: Salute
Reply #3 - 11/11/13 at 12:58:36

From the bottom of my heart thank every one of you for your personal sacrifices, your heroism and bravery. To the ones who didnt make it back may you RIP and I hope your memory is never forgotten. God bless you all.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #4 - 11/11/13 at 14:03:53

You did what needed to be done.  Your bravery and heroism are not forgotten.

Thank you to all our veterans!

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #5 - 11/11/13 at 14:43:23

I called my 93 yr old uncle today, He fought in N Africa with the 17th artillery as the number one gunner. I could not visit him because of my Korean war buddy whose wife died. He is 83. I will try to support these fine men as best I can. While it may not be a plus for everyone these days, they came home, married, went through the things many of us did until they landed good jobs, stayed married to great women, and still contribute to this country by flying their flags on holidays and being good neighbors. And both can hold you spellbound with their contribution to any conservation and not raise their voices or resort to cursing.

I guess I am rambling, but I am just "Name dropping" like many would say they  were descendants of some famous president. I feel the same way about my neighbor who was in Viet Nam and the many who serve today.

Thanks to all who put themselves in danger so I can be free to live as I want and write what I want. No matter if you ever fire a shot or go into a war zone. You are a part of the power and compassion that makes our country great.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #6 - 11/11/13 at 15:17:45

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #7 - 11/11/13 at 15:45:17

My dad and both uncles survived WWII. My dad because he was an instrument mechanic in a Lancaster squadron in England, his brother had a degree so was made an officer and never saw front line action, and my other uncle was very very lucky as he was in the infantry and fought mostly in Italy. He was wounded, but not seriously. My dad and his brother didn't talk about it too much but my other uncle would get a snoot full at a family gathering and start his litany about how he had killed 27 men,so many with his rifle, so many with his pistol, so many with his knife, and so many with his bare hands. Kind of put a damper on the gathering.
When I was in high school I used to volunteer at a local mental facility for WWI survivors who were shell shocked. I would hand out cigarettes and listen to their stories about mustard gas and "going over". One of them had had his nasal cavity and throat destroyed by mustard gas and he would smoke by sticking his cigarette in his tracheotomy opening.
When I was a college student I met a lot of draft dodgers in Toronto. I felt sorry for them because they were torn between a sense of duty to their country and families, and their fear of death.

I remember.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #8 - 11/11/13 at 16:57:51

Nothing but respect for those who have served, TY!

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
45acp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

on a shooting range in OK.
Reply #9 - 11/11/13 at 19:47:35

my dad is 71 he did 20 yrs in the  Air Force. 2 tours in veitnam. i was an Army man myself. just a few years, but i did spend 15 month straight in afghanistan. i have nothing but respect for our Vets. thanks to all of you.
we spent the day today the way everybody should. at my shooting range with a bunch of current military and vets. had a great time.

shoot fast. reload faster.
  IP Logged
v-pilot

Loud bikes rule!

Rexford NY
Reply #10 - 11/11/13 at 20:30:44

thumperclone wrote on 11/11/13 at 08:40:56:
To all our vets
thank for your service!

AMEN!

Suzuki DR650, aprilia RSVR, aprilia Falco, Bimota DB4(2x)
Moto Guzzi V10, Ducati 900ss, Triumph Trident, Suzuki LS650
Moto Guzzi Le Mans SE(2x), Moto Guzzi V50, Benelli 250, Ducati 250
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #11 - 11/11/13 at 23:29:40

You're welcome. And my US Veteran hat got me the senior discount today at Burger King... at least I hope it was my hat, I'm 41...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #12 - 11/12/13 at 06:41:20

I live near 3 air force bases and one navy base...... I could have ate myself sick ....but you gotta love folks who support the troops.

Thank you all, who have served, who are disabled, or are serving, and especially to those that paid the ultimate price.... we will not forget.....

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #13 - 11/12/13 at 08:19:58

I know I'm not American, but thanks for your service WD ... I feel I can say that as a Canadian, whose country has stood shoulder-to-shoulder with yours thru several armed conflicts.

Was Remembrance Day here in Canada yesterday, where we, as our American and British Brothers/Sisters do, remember our Veterans.

Thank you all.

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 06:31:30

General CategoryThe Cafe › Salute

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.