Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Looking for a "Double-Up" bike (Read 206 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Looking for a "Double-Up" bike
Reply #15 - 11/10/13 at 20:22:21

Congrats! Dave

Thats a nice color too .   I'll bet it runs down the interestate at any speed the trafic wants to go  Wink    ridding single or double !

My sister-in-law had a Car with that same size engine on it and she loved it .  Grin

You get an itch to go to pike peak or something like that  give me a holler.   I've put LONG-LEGS  on my sportster and comfee seat too  Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #16 - 11/11/13 at 01:51:08

Dave wrote on 11/10/13 at 16:46:30:
The wife and I went and test rode a 2000 ST1100 this afternoon, and we bought it.  It has about 34,000 miles on it and is in good shape.  Just a few scratches on the luggage as the owner has had "tip overs" twice.  The owner is not very long legged and can't reach the ground well, and she is just not strong enough to muscle it up once it started over.  It was $ 3,500, and I figure we can ride it for a year or two and still get that for it in case we decide it is not the right bike or my wife doesn't like riding on the back of it.

I just have too many meetings to pick it up this week, and Dang.....the winter weather is bound to be here by the time I get the bike.  I have a feeling this winter is going to pass very slowly......I can spend some of the time taking off the pink Dragon and Motor Maids decals!
Dave

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS !  Cheesy That is one sweeet bike !
34,000 miles is like... 50,000 Km, let's say she just finished her running in !  Cool

No, really, those bikes are designed and built with a half-million Km target in mind. 340,000 miles... so she IS just barely run in !

As for the winter and winter riding, I just bought a set of Dunlops D616 for my Beemer, rain tires built for the track and then redesigned with harder rubber compound for the road.

Available for roughly $250-260 for the set (front+rear) from BikeBandit. Dunlop strongly recommend they be fitted as a pair for best results.

They're not quite snow tires, but they're THE choice for trouble free, hassle free two-up holiday cruising all year round !

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #17 - 11/11/13 at 10:21:34

Congratz.. very nice looking bike.. wish I could talk my wife into something like that.

IP Logged
Blinky-FSO
Serious Thumper

Three Eyes Are
Better Than Two

Kentucky
Reply #18 - 11/12/13 at 17:51:37

Dave,
Very nice choice, enjoy.

Good hunting

2007 S40 (Sold)
2007 C50 (Sold)
1992 Honda GL1500
2014 Honda CTX700N
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #19 - 11/12/13 at 18:12:54

I actually looked at an ST1100 a couple years back, was a tad too tall for me and the missus. We went instead with the VTX series low rider style cruiser. Only bad thing about the VTX was it only had 5 speeds, I was always reaching for the sixth one when on the interslab.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Ragnar444

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 11/13/13 at 19:51:11

This would be my recommendation. They plan on starting production during Dec. of next year. I already have my order in. Smiley

260234_527259493986894_197611423_n.jpg
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #21 - 11/14/13 at 04:10:03

Ragner444...........I could not spend more than about $ 4,000.  My wife is getting ready to retire, and we need to pay our house off ASAP.

If I had lived closer to the south.....I would have bought this bike.  A little bit of electrical troubleshooting and a few parts....and I think it would be fine.

http://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?133183-94-ST1100-Black-NON-ABS

Dave

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 06:24:47

General CategoryThe Cafe › Looking for a "Double-Up" bike

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.