Send Topic Print
Help with Dyna (Read 65 times)
aegerprimo

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Tucker, GA
Help with Dyna
11/09/13 at 06:27:36

For the love of all that is holy, I cannot get my dyna installed! Purchased the reducer and several clamps but it's just not working. I tried using the largest reducer first; slipped reducer over end of header and pushed it up against the flange of header and then slipped dyna on over reducer but there is such a big gap between dyna and flange of header. Can't push the dyna over header any farther.  See pic below. Then I took reducer off and tried using tin can crush gasket; wrapper it around the end of the header and snugged the dyna up over it and tightened clamp over it.  Exhaust leak coming from header/dyna joint. I could feel the air puff out with my hand. Someone please help! Then I gave up on that and decided to try to put my new handlebar grips on. When I took off the old grip to put the new one on, there was a hard plastic sleeve underneath the old grip. There is also some sort of spacer that matches the old grips butted up against the start/on/off assembly. What do I do?

C360_2013-11-08-17-24-50-583_001.jpg
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Help with Dyna
Reply #1 - 11/09/13 at 08:02:30

Do you have some slits cut in the muffler end?... It can't compress much without them...  the clamp doesn't look tight in the pic (it looks a slightly different angle than the pipe. When it squeezes down, it should become parallel with the pipe)...(you have to crank down pretty good to squeeze metal)...

The plastic sleeve (right-side) is the throttle sleeve... it turns on the bar, it must turn freely with the grip installed... the teflon washer is to insure that the grip don't rub against the throttle housing... (if your new grips have shoulders, you will need it, if they don't, you probably don't...
You just need to be sure the throttle turns freely after install.

Rubbing alcohol makes removal and instal much easier, and evaporates after 10 seconds or so, with little or no residue...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 11/09/13 at 10:13:58

Be careful gettin too rough with the muffler/header. The only thing holding it up are 2 skinny little bolts,,You may be ahead pulling the header & locking it down in a vise, well wrapped & maybe even a coupla pieces of wood. Run a hole saw that the pipe would pass thru, split the wood, lay a rag in each side, clamp..then it wont crimp,,Then you can work up at working level instead of the floor,,stuff gets a lot easier then,

I had to grind a bit off the header to make my Supertrapp seat up all the way. Its okay if you cant get it on far enough to get both bolts on the back end,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
aegerprimo

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Tucker, GA
Reply #3 - 11/09/13 at 10:39:52

I'm sorry Justin but I don't understand. try rephrasing.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 11/09/13 at 11:26:56

If you run a hole saw thru a 2X4 that would make a hole the size of the header or real close to it ( if its smaller at all, youll need to grind away some wood at the ends of the U shape or theyll drive dents in it) & lay a rag inside each half, to fill the gap & pad the pipe. Of course, youll have to saw across the diameter of the hole, to split it & use each 1/2 as one side of the clamp. Then, youll need a vise that opens far enough to clamp on them,
Working at ground level is just too hard to get things fitting.. Id take it off & get it in my hands, even if I didnt have a vise,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 16:25:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Help with Dyna

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.