"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Wisdom From Frank Zappa
Reply #1 - 11/08/13 at 23:23:05

Pretty amazing how many musicians were In the KNow Waay back..
Steppenwolfs Monster was about the goobs..Thats my take, anyway

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #2 - 11/08/13 at 23:36:24

Never was crazy about Zappa's music but his interviews were amazing.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 11/09/13 at 06:23:23

Nope, me neether,, some of it was okay, but I never owned an album because he thrilled me,,I probably had some music he was in, & didnt know.. I didnt know the people in the bands all the time, I liked a sound, I mite buy it,, meeh,,but Ive read some of what he has said,,& he would be considered a home grown turrist now. Hed be on the Red List for ure,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 11/09/13 at 08:06:04

Biblical wisdom and extended by Rev. King.....

Hate begets hate;
violence begets violence;
toughness begets a greater toughness.

We must meet the forces of hate with the power of love...

Our aim must never be to defeat or humiliate the white man, but to win his friendship and understanding.

“The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it.

Through violence you may murder the liar, but you cannot murder the lie, nor establish the truth.

Through violence you may murder the hater, but you do not murder hate.
In fact, violence merely increases hate.

Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Laws don't heal society, only empower those who draft, and enforce such.

His last observations is paramount and true, yet so many governments, under the guise of caring for its citizenry, operate under the veil of darkness (most transparent administration ever....uh, yeah sure, just as dark as all your predecessors).

We have lost the very motivation (truth) that founded this nation, driving it to its pinnacle of opportunity. So much so that many folk around the world, used all they had to come here, some at a very great cost to themselves hoping to ensure their future generations had a better chance at life.
It is still evidenced in some cultures, as sacrifice of self (or the moment) helps to foster, and promote, the next generation into achieving independent success.....not so much utilizing greed as its motivation, but as taking control of ones life and thus not being a burden to society.....

But alas, it is so much easier to talk the talk, as opposed to walking the walk. Not a day goes by that each of us view the evidence of that mindset....as the powers that be thought it would be fitting to print upon our currency, "IN GOD WE TRUST".......

No we don't.  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 11/09/13 at 09:10:56

James Earl Ray didnt kill him. We saw a good man gunned down simply because the goobs COULD NOT allow the people to not be at odds with each other,,without racial strife, society needs few powers to control the strife & those who would act opposite of his message.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 11/09/13 at 10:20:35

Yes indeed, but extend his reasoning beyond the context of race. If man could muster the fortitude to just step back a bit and view himself, as he is, if he was honest, he would see the angst of what drives his own divisiveness (self justification).  

Conservative vs. liberal, liberal vs. conservative, gay vs. straight, straight vs. gay. Race against race, culture against culture, pro choice vs. pro life, and on and on and on.....

Think of how much energy is spent attacking the oppositions POV.
Ain't really after understanding, or repair, heck no, only conversion to my side, that is the only solution, period.

Tolerance is hardly ever practiced by anyone, only demanded of others.

I dare any of you reading this to the challenge of stepping back and looking at yourself.
Take your eyes off of everything else. How do you fare?

I'm pretty pathetic, you?

I know as truth, and have witnessed with my own eyes, the beginning to repair the toxic energy in this world starts with me first acknowledging my own failings at loving, and forgiving, others, in the manner I want them to visit upon me, firstly....

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 11/09/13 at 11:17:46

I am somehow not very enthused to appreciate people driving my life down because of their ways. This country USED to follow some moral rules.
What was once profane is now sacred.. I cant go with that. Tolerance is the act of accepting what we dont agree with,, Thats a conflict I cant go with,,I never had a problem with anyone because of where their great, great, great grandparents were born,,their actions, OTOH, I will either agree with or not, As long as what they want doesnt negatively impact my life, my future, my family's lives & future,, okay,, fine & dandy,, do it. Dont try to make me say its good.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/02/24 at 21:44:48

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Wisdom From Frank Zappa

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.