Send Topic Print
Stuck carb float pin. (Read 26 times)
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Stuck carb float pin.
11/03/13 at 22:21:58

Nearly didn't get home on last ride. Used very little throttle and short shifted to nurse her home, so cleaning carb. I figure the main jet has a little dirt since it bucks and snorts from wide open to no power at all. Float pin was stuck solid. I used a vibrating metal engraver on the end of the pin witthout the flat head. I was very careful to have solid metal supporting the carb leg underneath so as to not break it. You have to have a hole for the head to go through on your support. The engraver nib has to be small enough, also. It took a couple of minutes before I notice a small space under the head of the pin. After bending a couple of finishing nails used as punches I dug up my nailset with a tiny point and, again with support, drove the pin out. Going to tear it all the way down when I get time. If there's dirt in one place, it's probably in other places, too. I have never seen a float pin stuck in place like this one.  

I added this to SavageWahine's excellent "Carb cleaning the island way" in the tech section

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Stuck carb float pin.
Reply #1 - 11/03/13 at 22:32:40

Hey!.. way to not booger the float mounts and need a new carb!...

I was expecting one of those...
"Uh oh,.. what do I do now?"... posts...
Nice work... Wink...

... good lesson of gentle patience...
...(I need that lesson myself, sometimes)... Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 12:30:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Stuck carb float pin.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.