Obamas Boat Act (Read 99 times)
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Obamas Boat Act
11/03/13 at 15:46:42

The Affordable Boat Act  
The U.S. government has just passed a new law called: "The Affordable Boat Act" declaring that every citizen MUST purchase a new boat, by April 2014. These "affordable" boats will cost  an average of $54,000-$155,000 each. This does not include taxes, trailers, towing fees, licensing and registration fees, fuel, docking and storage fees, maintenance or repair costs.

This  law has been passed, because until now, typically only wealthy and financially responsible people have been able to purchase boats. This new law ensures that every American can now have a "affordable" boat of their own, because everyone is entitled to a new  boat. If you purchase your boat before the end of the year, you will  receive 4 "free" life jackets; not including monthly usage fees.

In order to make sure everyone purchases an affordable boat, the costs of owning a boat will increase on average of  250-400% per year. This way, wealthy people will pay more for something that other people don't want or can't afford to maintain. But to be fair, people who can't afford to maintain their boat will be regularly fined, and children (under the age of 26) can use their parents boats to party on until they turn 27; then must purchase their own boat.

If you already have a boat, you can keep yours  ( just kidding; no you can’t ). If you don't want or don't need a boat, you are required to buy one anyhow. If you refuse to buy one or can't afford one, you will be regularly fined $800 until you purchase one, or face imprisonment.

Failure to use the boat will also result in fines. People living in the desert, ghettos, inner cities or areas with no access to lakes are not exempt.  Age, motion sickness, experience, knowledge, nor lack of desire are acceptable excuses for not using your  boat.

A government review board ( that doesn't know the difference between the port, starboard or stern sides of a boat ) will decide everything, including;  when, where, how often and for what purposes you can use your boat along with how many people can ride your boat, and determine if one is too old or healthy enough to be able to use their boat. They will also decide if your boat has outlived its usefulness, or if you must purchase specific accessories   ( like a $500 compass) , or a newer and  more expensive boat. Those who can afford yachts will be required to do so… it’s only fair. The government will also decide the name for each  boat. Failure to comply with these rules will result in fines and possible imprisonment.

Government officials are exempt from this new law. If they want a boat, they and their families can obtain boats free, at the expense of taxpayers. Unions, bankers and mega companies with large political affiliations are also exempt.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Obamas Boat Act
Reply #1 - 11/04/13 at 07:47:09

Great!  Luvvitt..

If you already have a boat, you can keep yours  ( just kidding; no you can’t ). If you don't want or don't need a boat, you are required to buy one anyhow. If you refuse to buy one or can't afford one, you will be regularly fined $800 until you purchase one, or face imprisonment.

I remember being a young adult,, I didnt have Squat! I borrowed inflatable furniture once.. built my "entertainment center" from cinder blocks & wood. Boy,, nailin that wood to the cinder blocks was TUFF!

Anyway,, I see young people living at home, I see enormous student loan debt, & I remember being young & healthy,, I didnt Have insurance ( after I got outta the Air Farce at 21)till I was about 25. I didnt have any before I joined at 18, either,,.
POint Im not makin very well is,,, YOu guys remember being young & not needing insurance? Well,, everyone NEEDS it,, but at that young, invincible age,, you ( Well, I) didnt feel like I needed it,, Now, I thinki many will feel the same way, couple that with the employment, earning levels, cost of living,, cost of insurance & I think what we will see is a HUGE number who elect to pay the fine, err, tax,, & this mess will collapse under its own weight, because those who woulduse it the least will not be paying in,, & those paying in ( old folks & those who can afford it) wont be putting enough $$$ in to keep it alive. The "plan" requires harvesting the billfolds of the young. Theyre not gonna play along,, thats my best guess..

Calling this a "Tax" is about as twisted as anything Ive ever heard. Its a penalty, a fine.. screw the Orwellian creeps who label it otherwise

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #2 - 11/05/13 at 10:14:53

I've already got too many boats... The 24' or so daysailer "Grimy Marlin" that lives in the orchard; the CSS Guppy, aluminum 10' john boat with a rotten transom; the CSS Fingerling, 16' aluminum canoe that the lawnmower sent a pecan through; and the CSS "Where did that plastic piece of junk blow off to this time and get sunk" 12' pirogue (Cajun canoe).

About as useful as the "Memphis Navy cotton clad" fleet that caught fire and burned to the waterline in 1862.

Boat, a hole in the water that you carpet bomb with cold hard cash, for absolutely no reason.  Grin

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #3 - 11/05/13 at 20:46:53

From what I've seen on TV its costing one person over $600 a month and my wife and I get good Blue Cross coverage for less than $250 a month and most of my meds are $5. Living off a very small retirement check and disability it would bankrupt me which is probably Obama's plan anyway. He has gotten away with more illegal and underhanded crap than any president in my lifetime. A business gets fined $2000 per year if they dont cover you and they have to pay over $6000 a year if they cover you. If you owned the business which would you do. People we need to quit worrying about dems and pubs, they're the same, not enough difference to fight over. Neither one cares about us as proven by the last 2 presidents and I didnt use a capitol P on purpose. Neither one of them deserve my respect. We need to stick together and save this country before its too late. Once we reach the edge of the cliff and fall over there aint no going back. We're on the edge right now and we're gonna let 2000 Globalist detsroy us and what use to be a good life.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 11/06/13 at 11:06:34

WD wrote on 11/05/13 at 10:14:53:
Boat, a hole in the water that you carpet bomb with cold hard cash, for absolutely no reason.  Grin

BOAT.

Bring
Out
Another
Thousand

--Steve

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #5 - 11/06/13 at 19:42:59

Midnightrider wrote on 11/05/13 at 20:46:53:
From what I've seen on TV its costing one person over $600 a month and my wife and I get good Blue Cross coverage for less than $250 a month and most of my meds are $5. Living off a very small retirement check and disability it would bankrupt me which is probably Obama's plan anyway. He has gotten away with more illegal and underhanded crap than any president in my lifetime. A business gets fined $2000 per year if they dont cover you and they have to pay over $6000 a year if they cover you. If you owned the business which would you do. People we need to quit worrying about dems and pubs, they're the same, not enough difference to fight over. Neither one cares about us as proven by the last 2 presidents and I didnt use a capitol P on purpose. Neither one of them deserve my respect. We need to stick together and save this country before its too late. Once we reach the edge of the cliff and fall over there aint no going back. We're on the edge right now and we're gonna let 2000 Globalist detsroy us and what use to be a good life.

Nope, you being of small income will get a subsidy, which will pay what you can't pay. Not sure how much you will receive or how much will be paid for you, but if you cannot afford insurance and can prove it, you will be provided a subsidy by the government.

And there in lies the problem. All those folks receiving food stamps, rent pay and other money payments, will also get free health care, go figure.... and that leaves the middle class to make up the loss the government will incur due to all the funds it will have to dole out to those who refuse to work.

The affordable health-care act will put the final nail in the coffin for the middle class, they will now be poor. Sad

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #6 - 11/06/13 at 20:48:47

OR you just nailed it, pun not intended.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 11/07/13 at 10:01:05

Nope, you being of small income will get a subsidy, which will pay what you can't pay.

Id like to see what you have that would make me believe it,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #8 - 11/07/13 at 10:07:58

Here is a subsidy calculator, there are many out there, I personally don't have a subsidy due to retiring from the military, I still carry the same insurance.

http://laborcenter.berkeley.edu/healthpolicy/calculator/

I've been told at present I will not have to change, we shall see.....

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 11/07/13 at 11:08:05

Thats interesting,, now, my question is, where does the $$$ come from to pay that subsidy? Is the cost of paying that subsidy greater than the cost of the goobs covering the bills for those who would have been uninsured w/o Bamicare? How many still wont have medical coverage after Bamicare?
& how much will peoples average costs go up even With this subsidy? REmember now, Congressional aids complained they couldnt afford it & now theyre getting the subsidies..
Poor dears,, average $60,000.00 per year & they cant swing it w/o a subsidy!

The average salary for congressional aide jobs is $60,000. Average congressional aide salaries can vary greatly due to company, location, industry, experience and benefits.

This salary was calculated using the average salary for all jobs with the term "congressional aide" anywhere in the job listing.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #10 - 11/07/13 at 16:17:47

http://safeshare.tv/w/zwhKdMtFHf  Good video, only 4 minutes

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print