Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Not starting, already jumped  & chkd voltage (Read 100 times)
Savvy96
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Not starting, already jumped  & chkd voltage
11/02/13 at 15:47:37

How's it going guys? I was wondering if anyone else has encountered a similar problem.

Key on,switch on i go to push the ignition button and nothing. No click, nothing.

I took off the seat, checked the solenoid and if i bypassed the wires & just jumpered the solenoid, boom cranks right up and idled.

Used a multimeter & am getting 12 volts at the switch on the handlebar, tested the otherside to see if the power was going through and it tested 12 volts when i pushed the start button down.

I am not too electrical savy however i was wondering if you could give me some advise on what to check next before i go and spend some money & have someone else look at it.

thank you!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Not starting, already jumped  & chkd voltage
Reply #1 - 11/02/13 at 15:50:54

there's a 3 wire connector under the seat.
make sure it's tight.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 11/03/13 at 07:26:31

If you no gottee lites up front, theres a connector under the tank that has been known to work itself aloose..Thatll shut down the starting & running stuff, too..Of course theres fuses , access under r/side of seat, white plastic box, 2 fuses, IIRC. Not a big box. Once ya know where it is, its accessible w/o pulling the seat, but you need to pull it now, anyway,
let us know what youre finding,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Savvy96
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 11/04/13 at 08:25:20

I checked the connections under the seat & they were still all together and not coming off. I also checked the one plug that is pretty much under the tank but in front, that was connected too.

All my lights are on also, i saw a few fuses but known were blown.

If i was able to jump the starter with a screw driver by touching the power terminal on the solenoid to the signal post or w/e, does that mean the solenoid is bad and i can just replace that? I get no click from the starter solenoid at all when i push the ignition button down.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 11/06/13 at 16:58:37

Id sure have a look at the cables, on the battery & the ground on the r/side of the case.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 11/06/13 at 17:01:32

I dont thinki the starter gets juice till the decomp timer says it can,, not sure,,Put a hand on the decomp solenoid under the tank, r/side or watch the thing work on top/l side of engine,make sure stuff is plugged in going into the decomp timer,,

IP Logged
Savvy96
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 11/19/13 at 13:35:24

Hey guys, thanks i'll check out the decomp solenoid once it stops raining.

However for the mean time, a little update.

I decided what the hell, its cheap enough so i got a new starter solenoid and i replaced that bit still nothing. No headlight dimming, no click, no sounds at all when i attempt to fire it up.

I used a paper clip to jumper the 2 wire, green connector plug thats under the seat to see if the kickstand switch was the problem but that didnt help at all, still the same.

:'(

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 11/19/13 at 15:45:10

Do you have a wiring diagram? If not,, get one.. someone here can point you in the right direction.

Then, go to the decomp controller under the seat. Note there is a single red wire running close by,,locate the wire that trips the decomp solenoid.
Jumper the hot wire to that. Its gotta be in neutral or itll walk right off the stand,,doing this will spin the motor even with the key in your pocket,,

IP Logged
Savvy96
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 11/19/13 at 18:37:05

Hey justin_o_guy2, thanks for the info. I'll check that our tomorrow afternoon when i get out of work. If I jumper that and the bike turns over & start whats that mean?

doing that, is that the same as using a using a screw driver and touching these two together? Because if so, ive already done that and the bike starts right up

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #9 - 11/19/13 at 19:26:53

it means the relay is ok

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 08:28:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Not starting, already jumped  & chkd voltage

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.