LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Today's Wisdom
10/24/13 at 18:03:14

A few things that were shared by one of my sister-in-laws...

1.   I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people...I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

2.  I changed my car horn to gun shot sounds; people move out of the way much faster now.

3.  You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by watching her hands.  For instance, if they are holding a gun, she's probable angry.

4.  I don't like making plans for the day, because then the word "premeditated" gets thrown around in the courtroom.

5.  I didn't make it to the gym today.
    That makes 5 years in a row.

6.  Sometimes you have to burn a few bridges to keep the crazies from following you.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Today's Wisdom
Reply #1 - 10/25/13 at 03:40:10

Those are great.....and in response to # 3 my wife has a Mood Ring.

When my wife is in a good mood the stone is......green.

When my wife is in a bad mood........the stone leaves a red mark on my forehead!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #2 - 10/25/13 at 07:17:17

Excellent!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 10/25/13 at 08:23:20

LANCER wrote on 10/24/13 at 18:03:14:
  I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people...I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

If they read the warning label, theyza nerd, but lack the capability to follow the warning anyway.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 10/26/13 at 03:00:19

One of the things that led me to start looking with suspicion at the goobs was the warning label on gas cans..That all got started after BABIES drank gasoline,, every week or 2, a report, some baby done DIED from drinking gas,, somehow, after they made the manufacturers comply with a warning label, why,, them babies quit dying! They stopped drinking the gas,, My grampa had a little store in Humble Texas,, I was in 6th grade, so, about 60 or 61 I guess,,Maybe 62.
Did babies really die or was it made up crap? Did they suddenly learn to read or did people stop leaving gas cans where kids could drink from them?
Is there anyone who could mistake gas for something that should be drank?
I thot the spit, coff, gag response to gasoline was consistent thruout all ages..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #5 - 10/26/13 at 03:23:02

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/26/13 at 03:00:19:
One of the things that led me to start looking with suspicion at the goobs was the warning label on gas cans..That all got started after BABIES drank gasoline,, every week or 2, a report, some baby done DIED from drinking gas,, somehow, after they made the manufacturers comply with a warning label, why,, them babies quit dying! They stopped drinking the gas,, My grampa had a little store in Humble Texas,, I was in 6th grade, so, about 60 or 61 I guess,,Maybe 62.
Did babies really die or was it made up crap? Did they suddenly learn to read or did people stop leaving gas cans where kids could drink from them?
Is there anyone who could mistake gas for something that should be drank?
I thot the spit, coff, gag response to gasoline was consistent thruout all ages..

Someone on the gov't payroll needed to justify their job and started creating more laws and restrictions.  
Bureaucrats.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 10/26/13 at 03:26:11

That explains the warning labels,, doesnt explain the horror I remember feeling when I heard about some kid dead because of drinking gas..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #7 - 10/27/13 at 08:11:46

Years ago I was doing some body work on an old van in the garage. I had left an open can of acetone in the middle of the garage floor. My wife had sent my toddler son out to the garage to help daddy. I was under the van doing something when I looked over and saw him pick up the can and go to take a drink. I yelled at him and he jumped and sloshed acetone on his chest and into his diaper, but didn't drink any. I ran with him to the wading pool (he was screaming) and sat him down in the water and pulled off his diaper. Then I called Poison Control and the doctor said he would be OK as long as his privates didn't blister. They turned red, but no blisters.
Child proof lids and warning labels are there for a reason.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #8 - 10/27/13 at 09:09:59

arteacher wrote on 10/27/13 at 08:11:46:
Years ago I was doing some body work on an old van in the garage. I had left an open can of acetone in the middle of the garage floor. My wife had sent my toddler son out to the garage to help daddy. I was under the van doing something when I looked over and saw him pick up the can and go to take a drink. I yelled at him and he jumped and sloshed acetone on his chest and into his diaper, but didn't drink any. I ran with him to the wading pool (he was screaming) and sat him down in the water and pulled off his diaper. Then I called Poison Control and the doctor said he would be OK as long as his privates didn't blister. They turned red, but no blisters.

I'm glad your child wasn't seriously hurt, and I've got nothing in particular against child proof lids, but the example you cite has nothing whatever to do with either warning labels or such lids. YOU left the open container of acetone where your child could get it and your wife sent him out to the garage where you were busy working on something. If you hadn't seen him pick up the container whatever might have happened would have been casused by lack of parental supervision.

Labels and such are not a substitute for personal responsibility.

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #9 - 10/27/13 at 09:25:40

I'm still pissed off that I didn't sue McDonalds first.... I don't know how many times I was so stupid to take a bigger sip than needed and burnt my tongue enough to make it sore for days.

Yup...here's my sign...

HOT COFFEE

Shocked Grin Grin Grin

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #10 - 10/27/13 at 10:11:33

oldNslow wrote on 10/27/13 at 09:09:59:

I'm glad your child wasn't seriously hurt, and I've got nothing in particular against child proof lids, but the example you cite has nothing whatever to do with either warning labels or such lids. YOU left the open container of acetone where your child could get it and your wife sent him out to the garage where you were busy working on something. If you hadn't seen him pick up the container whatever might have happened would have been casused by lack of parental supervision.

If I had not read the label I would not have called poison control because he didn't drink any. I was not sure if acetone could be absorbed, or how fast it could be absorbed, through the skin.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #11 - 10/27/13 at 17:16:11

oldNslow wrote on 10/27/13 at 09:09:59:

Yep, where little critters are concerned there is no substitute for hands on direction every minute.  It only takes  1 second for a close call to turn into an emergency.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #12 - 10/27/13 at 21:03:13

I got a 2 year old little critter that lives with me half the time. He's my shadow. He can open the lid on a medicine bottle faster than I can. I just have to keep it where he cant reach it.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 10/28/13 at 08:19:24

I understand a kid taking a swig into the mouth,, but swallow it? Ugg! HOW!?
Warning labels? Them who can read them dont NEED a warning, them who cant read? Need supervision,

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 02:13:09

General CategoryThe Cafe › Today's Wisdom

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.