Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
As a thank you: A FREE Dyna! (Read 211 times)
deejaysham

Have fun, don't get
hurt

As a thank you: A FREE Dyna!
10/24/13 at 14:44:56

I have found this community to be completely awesome and a wonderful source of information.  It's safe to say that my S40 wouldn't be half the bike it is today had it not been for my daily visits here.  The forward controls from Routy, the tire recommendations, the seat mod, eventual seat replacement, the Dyna info plus the encouragement on self-installing it, and so many other things... it's been an amazing resource.  So today I wanted to give back a little.

The first thing I did is made a donation to the site, which anyone can do via paypal by going to the main suzukisavage.com root domain and clicking donate.  With all the money I've sunk into my bike, it only seems fair to put a little towards the people who work so hard to keep this site so great.  I'd encourage anyone else who feels similarly to donate.

Here's the second thing I'm doing:

Like many people, when I bought my Dyna muffler on eBay it came as a pair and I've ended up with a spare dyna I don't need.  Sure I could go and list it on eBay for a few bucks but instead I've decided to share it with the SuzukiSavage.com community.  Perhaps there's someone out there who'd love to do the Dyna upgrade but can't afford it right now.

If that sounds like you, then I've got a Dyna with your name on it.  No cost.  I'll even cover the shipping.

PM me or comment here so we can make it happen.

All I'd ask is that this go to someone who will really benefit from it, so a bit of an honor system request...

* If you could easily afford to buy one but figure you'll take a freebie instead, please instead allow someone who can't afford it right now to get this.
* If you think "maybe I'll want to do this someday so I'll get this freebie and store it in my garage in case I ever want it" please don't do that and let someone else get this and enjoy it right away...
* Please don't get this just so you can list it on eBay for sale.

ps. Mods, if this belongs in the Marketplace section please move it there.  Since I'm not asking for money I put it here.

2009 Red/White S40, Pirelli MT66 Tires, Corbin Seat, Dyna Exhaust, Routy Forward Controls
  IP Logged
Rix

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: As a thank you: A FREE Dyna!
Reply #1 - 10/24/13 at 15:00:33

Mighty good of ya.
Will likely make someone real happy.

2013 BOULEVARD S40/LS650 ALL STOCK
1982 HONDA MB5 WITH MODS
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 10/24/13 at 15:03:43

GoodNISS Grayshusss!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
aegerprimo

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Tucker, GA
Reply #3 - 10/24/13 at 16:35:09

What a good fella!

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #4 - 10/24/13 at 16:42:45

Good Karma always returns 3 fold......

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #5 - 10/24/13 at 19:02:10

Good deal DJ !!! Paying it forward should be this groups motto.

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
nwo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 10/24/13 at 20:46:26

What a gracious offer.

How will you decide who gets the prize?

Smiley

IP Logged
deejaysham

Have fun, don't get
hurt

Reply #7 - 10/24/13 at 21:10:01

I think I'm going to go first-come, first served because I don't want to do a "plead your case" thing nor do I want to offend someone by saying "nope, you're not worthy."

One person's gotten in touch so far and if they get me a shipping address, it's theirs.

« Last Edit: 10/25/13 at 10:16:56 by deejaysham »  

2009 Red/White S40, Pirelli MT66 Tires, Corbin Seat, Dyna Exhaust, Routy Forward Controls
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #8 - 10/25/13 at 03:25:34

Give it to somebody with a straight pipe!  Their family and neighbors will thank you. Grin

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
deejaysham

Have fun, don't get
hurt

Reply #9 - 10/25/13 at 10:14:52

Dave wrote on 10/25/13 at 03:25:34:
Give it to somebody with a straight pipe!  Their family and neighbors will thank you. Grin

Okay just so anyone else who might be interested in getting this knows, I've shipped it out today to another forum member who contacted me last night.

And Dave, you'll be happy to know that it essentially will be replacing a straight pipe.  Smiley

IP Logged
Rush-rks

Lurking &
Learning

Beckley WV
Reply #10 - 10/25/13 at 10:29:49

deejaysham That was a great thing you did !  Made my day reading this thread  Smiley

It's my intention to put a dyna on mine in the spring, although I am thinking of trading my S40 in for a good used C50 if funds permit me.  Anybody else have any thoughts on this model as a next step from our beloved LS650's?   Cheesy

2006 Suzuki S40 Boulevard bone stock other than idle-mix adjustment out 3/4 turn from factory setting
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #11 - 10/25/13 at 11:25:49

Rush-rks wrote on 10/25/13 at 10:29:49:
deejaysham That was a great thing you did !  Made my day reading this thread  Smiley

It's my intention to put a dyna on mine in the spring, although I am thinking of trading my S40 in for a good used C50 if funds permit me.  Anybody else have any thoughts on this model as a next step from our beloved LS650's?   Cheesy

Deejaysham:  Just look through the Cafe for a few pages.....plenty of C50 theads to read through.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Rush-rks

Lurking &
Learning

Beckley WV
Reply #12 - 10/25/13 at 11:58:49

Dave wrote on 10/25/13 at 11:25:49:

Deejaysham:  Just look through the Cafe for a few pages.....plenty of C50 theads to read through.

I sure did now it makes me want one ! Grin Being I am a first year rider I am just a little worried how I would handle a much heavier bike.  2 up riding on my S40 is somewhat of a challenge for both of us..I am 6'1" and she is 5'7" about 350 lbs between us.  My S40 has been good to me, it showed me that riding is such a pleasure (for the most part excluding the other idiots on the road that dont see you) and wish I started earlier in life.

2006 Suzuki S40 Boulevard bone stock other than idle-mix adjustment out 3/4 turn from factory setting
  IP Logged
deejaysham

Have fun, don't get
hurt

Reply #13 - 10/25/13 at 12:23:19

Not me.  I'm sticking with my beloved Savage!

IP Logged
Blinky-FSO
Serious Thumper

Three Eyes Are
Better Than Two

Kentucky
Reply #14 - 10/25/13 at 12:25:15

Rush-rks wrote on 10/25/13 at 11:58:49:

I sure did now it makes me want one ! Grin Being I am a first year rider I am just a little worried how I would handle a much heavier bike.  2 up riding on my S40 is somewhat of a challenge for both of us..I am 6'1" and she is 5'7" about 350 lbs between us.  My S40 has been good to me, it showed me that riding is such a pleasure (for the most part excluding the other idiots on the road that dont see you) and wish I started earlier in life.

Rusk
The only time i feel the additional weight of the bike is walking it out of the garage. Other than than, it actually feels lighter and more nimble than my S40. This is my second year of riding and the S40 was my first bike. I moved to the C50 so the good wife and I could do some 2 up riding around the area. I am 6'2" and she is an even 6' and we have enough room and enough power.
Keep us posted

2007 S40 (Sold)
2007 C50 (Sold)
1992 Honda GL1500
2014 Honda CTX700N
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 08:25:12

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › As a thank you: A FREE Dyna!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.