Send Topic Print
Is it the food? (Read 86 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Is it the food?
10/21/13 at 18:31:15

Is it society? WHY is America suffering a decrease in IQ?

http://www.statisticbrain.com/countries-with-the-highest-lowest-average-iq/

Yea,, We ARE Number ONE! Stay proud & stay LOUD!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Re: Is it the food?
Reply #1 - 10/21/13 at 22:54:01

Spend a day in a public school and compare it to when we went to school. You'll get your answer.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #2 - 10/22/13 at 03:04:51

Midnightrider wrote on 10/21/13 at 22:54:01:
Spend a day in a public school and compare it to when we went to school. You'll get your answer.

+1 Same here  Tongue

I see my 11thGrade son study latin, they don't teach grammar any more, it's just "hey let's read Cicero".

The result is people think they know... as long as the tests are made easy peasy... testing made to prove insufficient schooling is just enough, anyway.

I dread to think what it'll be like when our grandchildren will be a generation of sub-averages governed by a generation of "Swiss Grammar School - Eton educated aristocrats"

Lips Sealed

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 10/22/13 at 05:59:51

Is IQ dependent on education?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #4 - 10/22/13 at 10:45:35

I guess you're born with it and I got off on the subject of learning.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #5 - 10/22/13 at 11:14:22

JOG -

No, IQ isn't dependent on education, except for the testing methodology.

It's been shown over and over again that lack of education affects the test scores.  There is no real way to test for bare IQ, separate and apart from either verbal or numerical questions and answers.  When you can't read, or do basic math equivalent for a kid's age group, his IQ score will suffer, even if he has native intelligence.

Take a person who lives in a stone age culture and society, like aborigines or even American Indians 150 years ago - without verbal and math skills, there is no way to measure their IQs, even though we all know those populations have their bright folks, and the less bright, but we just can't test for it, due to their lack of what we know as education.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #6 - 10/22/13 at 13:18:09

Someone way back was brilliant, they invented the wheel and then the motorcycle to go with it. Cheesy

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 10/22/13 at 18:27:54

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 10/22/13 at 11:14:22:
JOG -

No, IQ isn't dependent on education, except for the testing methodology.

It's been shown over and over again that lack of education affects the test scores.  There is no real way to test for bare IQ, separate and apart from either verbal or numerical questions and answers.  When you can't read, or do basic math equivalent for a kid's age group, his IQ score will suffer, even if he has native intelligence.

Take a person who lives in a stone age culture and society, like aborigines or even American Indians 150 years ago - without verbal and math skills, there is no way to measure their IQs, even though we all know those populations have their bright folks, and the less bright, but we just can't test for it, due to their lack of what we know as education.

Correct, & I know that. So, whats the deal? Our people are illiterate? To the point they cant comprehend the words in the questions of an IQ test?

If thats true, then everyone who hasnt listened to Charlotte Izerbyt's Deliberate Dumbing Down of America interviews really needs to,because it proves her point,

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #8 - 10/22/13 at 18:33:17

In a single word - "Sheeple"

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #9 - 10/22/13 at 18:36:50

What I am about to say will insult a few, mainly teachers, but I think it's true.
Gender employment opportunity has worked to dumb down education.  Back in the 1950s, what two occupations were open to bright, educated women?  Teaching and nursing.  I recall want ads in the newspaper for Help Wanted Male, and Help Wanted Female into the early to mid 1970s.  The female jobs were sales clerks and clerical office workers.
Today, those same women who became teachers in the 50s and 60s can now be anything they want to be- doctors, engineers, dentists, accountants, business executives, etc.  So the less ambitious folks, or the ones who can't cut it in a college program for engineers and doctors become teachers.
Now, of course, there are many exceptions, but I think that general statement is valid.
And, with our PC culture, no one can really fail anymore.  Kids are passed from one grade to the next who should have repeated a grade, like they did in the 50s and 60s.
So, yes, we have dumbed down American education.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #10 - 10/22/13 at 18:42:30

What kind of effect will Common Core have as well?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 10/22/13 at 18:43:26

& thats exactly how youll see it till you step back & look at what was done in the schools. Iwatched it. I lived it. I saw good programs cut. My Weekly REader Kicked BUTT,, but they stopped it,,& they stopped it at the very same time they were telling the People
"We have problems in our schools. The solution is that WE be given more $$ & More Control over the system".. The government destroyed the schools by dictating the curriculum. Spend some time listening to her. She was the #2 person in DC. She saw what happened. She knows it was intentional,. just as we were intentionally saddled with huge debt & de-industrialized, WE are being destroyed, & we are not alone. The globalists are sinking Europe, too,

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #12 - 10/22/13 at 18:47:10

Pgambr -

My son-in-law is a state representative here in Ohio, and he is a very conservative Republican.  He is vice chair of the House education committee, so I think he knows what he's talking about; although I don't claim to have expertise in this area.
He says Common Core is being all blown out of shape; and it's no big deal, even though the Tea Partiers what us to think it is.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #13 - 10/22/13 at 18:51:22

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/22/13 at 18:43:26:
& thats exactly how youll see it till you step back & look at what was done in the schools. Iwatched it. I lived it. I saw good programs cut. My Weekly REader Kicked BUTT,, but they stopped it,,& they stopped it at the very same time they were telling the People
"We have problems in our schools. The solution is that WE be given more $$ & More Control over the system".. The government destroyed the schools by dictating the curriculum. Spend some time listening to her. She was the #2 person in DC. She saw what happened. She knows it was intentional,. just as we were intentionally saddled with huge debt & de-industrialized, WE are being destroyed, & we are not alone. The globalists are sinking Europe, too,

Everyone excluding China?

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #14 - 10/22/13 at 18:55:24

China's business is business.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/02/24 at 22:34:14

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Is it the food?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.