Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Companies to NOT buy from (Read 254 times)
danjray

Connecticut
Re: Companies to NOT buy from
Reply #30 - 10/21/13 at 20:43:51

JOG, I did follow the link, but there is no actual evidence other than on the blog itself, do you have an actual scientific article to back up those findings? All I can find with a search is the exact same article from the blog.

2012 LS650 Boulevard S40
~11k Miles and counting fast
Mech Engr Student and backyard tinkerer
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 10/22/13 at 05:30:30

danjray; I can answer that for JOG; the answer is NO.

You will find a bunch of you tube videos with clever speakers, articles filled with innuendo, evidence that amounts to "I know a guy who knows a guy who's brother in law said he saw .......".

We've been eating GMO crops for decades. Obesity and low IQ have nothing to do with GMO crops other than lowering the cost of food.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #32 - 10/22/13 at 05:58:55

I Wonder how they got that hair to grow next to those teeth?
I also wonder why so many countries have banned GMO..
America, number one in cancer. Look at the overall health of the people. Our medical issues are so different than from when I was a kid. I know Waay too many sick people. When I was a kid, healthy folks were the norm,,Gee,, cant be the food, noooo,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 10/22/13 at 06:11:22

Other countries have banned food dyes too.
Not the US, no sir, no way.

Do they have smarter, or more cautious scientists?
What do they know that we don't?
What do we know that they don't?

--Steve

IP Logged
danjray

Connecticut
Reply #34 - 10/22/13 at 08:04:09

This is the first conversation I've had about GMOs so I'm actually curious, JOG has there ever been another credible study done which yielded the "hair in the mouth" results? And Mark, have there ever been any conclusive test showing there is no distinct correlation to GMOs and adverse health side effects?

As far as the banning of GMOs in other countries, do they list why they ban it? ie) lack of testing, poor manufacturing practices, potential for crops to get out of control, bad health side effects, etc

2012 LS650 Boulevard S40
~11k Miles and counting fast
Mech Engr Student and backyard tinkerer
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #35 - 10/22/13 at 09:57:17

Frogs changed sex. This is for real.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #36 - 10/22/13 at 10:31:48

Frogs changed sex. This is for real.

Midnight, that's from Jurassic Park....

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #37 - 10/22/13 at 10:39:14

America number 1 in cancer etc.....

Jog, health stats from the past, # of cancer cases etc... Has to be viewed carefully. For examples, it appears tornados have dramatically increased over the past few decades. The reality is every local news station has Doppler radar now so what used be thought of as a bad thunderstorm or straight line winds can be verified to be a small tornado using Doppler. Same with cancer rates. The us medical system can ID cancer better than say Hungary for example.

Dank ray, there are several scientifically controlled studies done on GMO crops. Look for studies that are peer reviewed. Be suspicious about ones that are not.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #38 - 10/22/13 at 16:08:24

Web I've never seen Jurrasic Park but I did read in a GMO study it caused frogs to change sex. Cant prove it unless I find that study I read months ago but its no secret that man is slowly but surely destroying the earth and everything on it if he can make a buck. Thats one of the things I like about some of the Liberals. They are trying to protect us from evil companies like Monsanto, Obama excluded. No response necessary, a few post back and you weren't worried about it.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #39 - 10/22/13 at 17:00:54

WebsterMark wrote on 10/20/13 at 19:24:42:
I'm not worried about it.

that's how I feel about a lot of things you panic about too. thanks for re-affirming that attitude is acceptable to you  Cool

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #40 - 10/22/13 at 17:40:59

its no secret that man is slowly but surely destroying the earth and everything on it if he can make a buck

yea, that is a secret.....

Monsanto is not evil anymore than Suzuki Motor Company or Ben and Jerry's for that matter.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #41 - 10/22/13 at 17:41:49

that's how I feel about a lot of things you panic about too.

well played Lost; well played! I like a clever dig.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #42 - 10/22/13 at 17:55:44

WebsterMark wrote on 10/22/13 at 17:40:59:
its no secret that man is slowly but surely destroying the earth and everything on it if he can make a buck

Monsanto is not evil anymore than Suzuki Motor Company or Ben and Jerry's for that matter.
 You need to do some homework or are you running for office? Never knew that Suzuki or Ben and Jerry's made Agent Orange and killed thousands, maybe millions and even our own are still dying from it. At the time Monsanto claimed other than damaging foilage it was perfectly safe. Read about what happened to the Americans who worked at the Agent Orange factory. Practically wiped out the whole town. Even Wilkapedia list all the foreign countries sueing Monsanto.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #43 - 10/22/13 at 18:31:41

WebsterMark wrote on 10/22/13 at 10:39:14:
America number 1 in cancer etc.....

Jog, health stats from the past, # of cancer cases etc... Has to be viewed carefully. For examples, it appears tornados have dramatically increased over the past few decades. The reality is every local news station has Doppler radar now so what used be thought of as a bad thunderstorm or straight line winds can be verified to be a small tornado using Doppler. Same with cancer rates. The us medical system can ID cancer better than say Hungary for example.

Dank ray, there are several scientifically controlled studies done on GMO crops. Look for studies that are peer reviewed. Be suspicious about ones that are not.

Ahhh,, so tumors & growths & all the signs of cancer are beyond those Primitive people to find,, like autism,, its hundreds of times more common now than when I was a kid,, & kids are expected to take many more shots than when I was a kid, but the reason for the increase in number is our advanced ability to diagnose it,, PHHHHT,, kids sittin in a corner pissing on themselves doesnt take a lot to figure out,& thew Amish have uhh, no autism, except in their adopted kids that have been hit with shots.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #44 - 10/24/13 at 21:12:28

WebsterMark wrote on 10/22/13 at 17:40:59:

Mr Al Gore (I'm gonna save the planet Gore) has  just invested a ton of money into fracking, but thats a secret.

« Last Edit: 10/24/13 at 23:59:08 by Midnightrider »  

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/02/24 at 22:38:38

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Companies to NOT buy from

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.