Send Topic Print
Colortune (Read 66 times)
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Colortune
10/19/13 at 11:43:56

Anyone ever use one of the Colortune spark plugs?

http://www.carbtune.com/colortune.html

Apparently they have been around for years and were often used to tune the older British cars, MGs, Triumphs, etc.  Has anyone tried one on the Savage?

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Colortune
Reply #1 - 10/19/13 at 12:08:49

They have been around for years......pretty much a gimmic.

How in the world are you going to be able to ride and look at the spark plug while applying throttle, cruising, accelerating, etc?  Our spark plug is buried under the tank....and it is almost impossible to see when off the bike....it would be impossible to do it while riding.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 10/19/13 at 12:19:00

You could train a squirrel to make hand gestures... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 10/19/13 at 19:29:57

I like the trained squirrel idea, several live in my oak tree but I can't even get them to clean up the empty nut shells they throw at me.

The Colortune plug is intended for use while the bike is running on its stand.  Yellow/orange combustion color means rich, blue like a good stove top flame means correct and bluish white means lean.  You observe the color and adjust the idle air screw to obtain the right mix.  It is only for the lower RPM range so there is no need to go riding with one installed.

It is just like adjusting your oxy-acetylene torch by color of the flame.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 10/19/13 at 21:22:11

Well,, you better have a good fan pointed at the motor & exhaust or youll color tune that header & get the motor hot,.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #5 - 10/20/13 at 06:16:18

engineer wrote on 10/19/13 at 19:29:57:
I like the trained squirrel idea, several live in my oak tree but I can't even get them to clean up the empty nut shells they throw at me.

The Colortune plug is intended for use while the bike is running on its stand.  Yellow/orange combustion color means rich, blue like a good stove top flame means correct and bluish white means lean.  You observe the color and adjust the idle air screw to obtain the right mix.  It is only for the lower RPM range so there is no need to go riding with one installed.

It is just like adjusting your oxy-acetylene torch by color of the flame.

+1

I have used colortune on my MGB and have to say it's a treat!

Surely beats driving up & down & all around thinking "hope I got it right this time..."  Roll Eyes

Wink

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 12:16:21

General CategoryThe Cafe › Colortune

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.