Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Compression, spark, no start (Read 151 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Compression, spark, no start
Reply #15 - 10/22/13 at 06:15:22

I disagree,, You got it together. All you need is to follow the manual & set the crank timing in the left side cover to the slot in there & then lay the cam in, lobes down, with the line on the gear horizontal. If you can get the cam chain ON, you can get the timing. Youre about to drop a load O Jack,,& next time it needs work in there youll be scared. You can win this, be patient, go SLOW, remember to always turn the motor the way it spins while youre setting up. You can check the timing before you pull the chain, You may only be off a tooth,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #16 - 10/22/13 at 15:23:55

If you can turn a wrench and FOLLOW instructions, you should be able to do it.  There are plenty of people on here who are quite willing to help anyone who needs it.

Last time I put a cam in 180 out, it backfired like crazy.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
TheProduct2007

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 10/22/13 at 21:33:58

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/22/13 at 06:15:22:
I disagree,, You got it together. All you need is to follow the manual & set the crank timing in the left side cover to the slot in there & then lay the cam in, lobes down, with the line on the gear horizontal. If you can get the cam chain ON, you can get the timing. Youre about to drop a load O Jack,,& next time it needs work in there youll be scared. You can win this, be patient, go SLOW, remember to always turn the motor the way it spins while youre setting up. You can check the timing before you pull the chain, You may only be off a tooth,

I marked the spot where we took it off, both on the chain and on the sprocket and insured that we put the chain back on the right tooth.  I even took the chain back off because when me and my buddy put it on I knew he put it on the wrong chain marking because the mark I made was larger.
I would love to work on the bike myself and get it into running condition on my own but I don't have anymore spare time.  I work over 90+ hours a week plus I'm a full time student.  I live with my parents for the time being until I get out of college and they don't want a "project" sitting in their garage and I miss riding so much.  I think I have a serious addiction problem to motorcycles.

The Clymer Manual is vague...very vague.  I followed the manual to the T and I'm still off.

I'm going to ride whether I have to push this bike or not!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 14:24:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Compression, spark, no start

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.